Letting go - Hyunjin *angst*

"Jinnie? Are you here?" You called out, opening the front door to the dorms. Your mind was spinning, but you kept on being positive. You were supposed to go on a date today, but he texted you just before he was sick in bed with a fever, so you decided to go to the pharmacy to get him some medicine and take care of him. You hadn't seen him in forever, so you missed him like crazy. These days you tried to hang out, but somehow your schedules just never seemed to fit with each other.

Just as you got to the pharmacy you came across Felix, who gave you an oddly worried gaze for whatever reason. "Are you buying some medicine for Hyunjin?" he asked, already guessing right what you were doing. You nodded with a smile. "Yeah, I can't have him be sick!" Felix rolled his eyes, poking his cheek with his tongue, clearly looking annoyed. "Listen, don't even bother. You'll find out why later, just go there." With that he left again, only leaving you in confusion.

You ended up buying him the medicine after all. Though Felix did make you somewhat confused, you still wanted to take care of Hyunjin. After no response you walked in further in search for your boyfriend, already guessing he was upstairs in bed. Whenever he was sick he'd always lay in bed after you had forced him to rest. Ever since he'd automatically stay in bed, knowing it would make you worry less. It was his way of still caring for you even when he couldn't do much for you.

As his room grew closer, you could hear his voice, bringing a smile upon your face. He really was resting. Your smile however quickly turned into a frown as you could follow the conversation. "I really think you should tell Y/N, Hyunjin. It's not fair for you to just keep ignoring her" you could hear Chan say. Tell you? Tell you what? Hyunjin groaned. "I'm sure Y/N will catch on eventually."

This was the last drop for Chan. "You're just leading her on now. If you don't love her anymore, just say so instead of making up excuses!" With that he slammed the door to his room open, only to see your blank face. It was as if your soul just left your body. Was that why he could never hang out? He didn't love you anymore. You scoffed. He probably even lied to you about being sick.

"Oh shi- baby-" Hyunjin tried, walking up to you, yet you instantly threw the bag with medicine at him with all your might. "Save it, I already heard enough!" You yelled, the emotions finally all coming out as realization hit you. Judging from what Chan was saying earlier, he hasn't been feeling the same anymore in a while, yet all this time he would just play pretend. He wasn't even planning on ever telling you!

Hyunjin sighed in defeat. "Listen, this wasn't how I wanted you to find out. I'm sorry." You took a deep breath and shook your head, trying your best to force a smile. "Otherwise I probably would have never found out, so I guess I should thank you. I hope you live a good life. Goodbye." You instantly turned around again, running back down, out of the dorm, away from him. The tears were now flowing down again as you let out a frustrated scream.

So much for your first love.