chapter one

Y/N's POV:

I watch as a paper airplane flies through the air, it flying ever so gracefully. I admired it, I wish I could fly away as the paper airplane does. Its flight only remained for a second later, until burning into a crisp. "Good morning children," a feminine voice said as we all turn back to reveal a woman dressed in all pink, "Ordinary Wizarding Level examinations." We're silent, took back by the woman revealing a test name as we just entered her classroom a few minutes ago. "O, W, Ls, and those more commonly known as OWLS, study hard and you will be rewarded." She said clearly speaking as if she planned out her 'welcoming' speech an hour beforehand. She lost my attention midway through her boring speech.

I started to daydream of myself sitting on a bay window, with the prettiest ballgown I've ever seen. I was reading my favorite book, sleepless. A guy who has sleep insomnia who either parties or has a girl over every night, until he meets this girl. He actually sleeps with the girl, but not the casually sleeping over. They lay down in the grass all night talking about their problems, and he actually falls asleep type of sleeping. I know it's cheesy, but I love it, it's ideal. I was reading, and then in my daydream, I turned around and saw Dumbledore. "What the fuck!" I say laughing super hard while the new DADA teacher is talking. Ginny, my best friend, looks over at me and glares hardly, most likely telling me to shut up.

"Young woman, what do you find so funny during my talk about the Ministry?" The woman says, practically giving me a death stare. 

"I'm sorry, Miss?" I say embarrassed at the fact I didn't catch her name.

"Umbridge," She says her eyes blinking rapidly forcing a fake smile, "You will also not use that disgusting language in my class again, we need more classy witches at this school." She turns around, the air making a slashing noise. While her back is faced on the class, Fred turns his head and winks at me, leaving my face turning a light shade of red. I look back, the Slytherins laughing at me. I take a deep breath and rub my temples. What have I got myself into this year?

Fred's POV:

"Hey, Moon," I said smirking at the beautiful girl in front of me that is my sister's best friend, "What was that funny?" I nearly smirked at the thought of the situation, it looked like she nearly peed her pants.

"Let's just say, you'll never know," Y/N said leaving me confused at what she was laughing about. I grab her wrists and pin them on the wall over her head. I look at her closely for the first time, her beautiful Y/E/C eyes dodging mine, and her body nearly pressed upon mine, breathing heavily. She's extremely gorgeous, even when she doesn't try. She was wearing the casual Hufflepuff Hogwarts uniform, this isn't good for me. "Fred..." She said whispering trying not to catch anyone's attention, her minty breath breathing on my neck. "You're hurting me."

"I'm sorry Y/N/N, I wasn't thinking." I pull away, this isn't good for me, she's my sister's best friend. Ginny would kill me if anything happened to her.

Y/N's POV:

I'm in the Hufflepuff common room deciding if I should go to the welcome back party in Slytherin. I grab my favorite book, Sleepless, and start to read. "'You know Astrid, maybe it's not all bad being with you, I kind of enjoy it in a way,' he said talking to me in a soft voice, 'You make me feel... better?' I smiled, looking to my side, him laying on the grass beautifully. 'Yeah, maybe it's not all that bad.' I said facing towards the stars. 'I have something to tell you,' he said in a silent manner, 'When we weren't this close I really, I didn't know that I felt this way.' He sighed. 'I tried to get rid of you in my head, I-'" The story cuts off by someone talking to me.

I looked up at Susan Bones, one of my very few Hufflepuff friends, "So, Y/N/N, are you going to the party tonight?" she said carrying her t.

"Do I have to?" I said smiling, my smile turning into a laugh.

"Yes, please!" She said trying to persuade me.

"Fine, I'll go," I said sighing, I really wanted to read the rest of my book. Partys weren't usually the place I'd be spotted at, but it seemed like she was desperate for someone to go with her. She drags me into her dorm and starts to thank me a bunch.

"I'll help you get ready since you're going!" I nod and roll my eyes laughing. She grabs a white dress with pink flowers on it out of my closet and hands it to me (It's the picture of the dress near the header). I go to put it on and look in the bathroom mirror as I finish putting on the dress. Wow, I look great. I haven't really had a moment to look at how much my body has changed since the summer, but I really have gained weight in the right places. I smile and head out of the bathroom, Susan looks at me in awe. "Wow, Y/N, you look so gorgeous," She says her mouth practically to the floor, "But I'm not done, time for makeup."

I roll my eyes at the thought of her doing all of this for me when I'm going to a Slytherin party. Don't get me wrong, most of them are charming, but I haven't found anyone in that house worth talking to yet. I remember her applying mascara, blush, lip liner, and I forgot the rest daydreaming. "Are you done yet Susan, I'm getting tired and may not even make it to the party." She laughs, combing through my hair.

"I've just done a miracle, look in the mirror!" She says getting me out of our desk chair and dragging me to the mirror. "Look!"

I look and, wow. I look great, I look alive. I haven't looked this alive since Cedric's death, he meant a lot to us Hufflepuffs. I think of him every once in a while, which I need to stop doing right now. "Wow... Thank you, Susan!" I say looking at myself from nearly every angle admiring myself. She starts to get herself together, not having much time. I really appreciated the effort she put into our friendship.

~

I haven't been in the Slytherin common room in a while, but I didn't expect this drastic of a change. I hadn't been here since my third year, so I guess that could be the reason. The other reason could also be the fact that they moved stuff around for the party. There was a green light highlighting every aspect of the common room. "Let's go dance Bones!" I said getting excited, the last time I partied was around ten months ago. We start singing along to the song 18, practically screaming all that we could. "And I know it's just a phase, and I know you're not in love with me!" I said moving with the music along with Susan. 

"Hey, Y/N/N, can you go get us drinks, I want to go talk to someone for a bit?" She screams over the music. I could tell she was talking about the guy she fancied, which I figured out by her continuous talk about him. Adrian Pucey. Of course, how could I forget, she's always talking about him! 

"Yeah, of course!" I scream back to her. I turn around dancing to the music on my way to the drink and snacks table, but then I knock into something, practically slamming into it.

CRASH