Chapter 1 - Bumped...?

Hera slumped in her desk as she finished taking down notes that her teacher told to write down. She was bored as hell, considering that it’s already the middle of her 2nd year in high school and she still haven’t made or have friends.

“This sucks” she groaned and opened a book to keep her distracted until the end of class.

When she was around the middle of her book, the bell rang. “About time,” she thought as she closed the book and placed it in her sling bag.

Students started to fled out of the room, but she was in no hurry since it was only herself going to another class, no friends to wait for or waiting for her. As she finished packing her bag, a teacher came in the room.

The room that they are using for Algebra (which was her class a while ago) are used by different teachers of different subjects, include English by Mr. Johns, MAPEH by Ms. Rebecca, Spanish by Mr. Hughes and Health Education by Sir Michael.

She didn’t bother to look up since she already knew what class is next and who is it. Until the person (or teacher, rather) spoke to her.

“Miss, may I ask, which classroom is this?” The male voice asked. She was surprised that it wasn’t Ms. Rebecca. It was her time to use the classroom for 2 hours. Hera knew her teachers well, especially Mr. Rebecca, though she doesn’t really get along well with her.

“This is classroom number 214 sir. This classroom will be used by Ms. Rebecca in a few minutes.” She replied politely as she picked up her bag and slung it over her shoulder.

“Ms. Rebecca… She’s the MAPEH teacher, correct?” The male asked again.

“Yes sir. She is.” She replied as she started to walk towards the door at the back. “Now sir, if you’ll excuse me. I have another class to attend to.”

“Oh, I’m sorry. I thought this was your next class.”

“It’s ok sir. No harm done.” She replied emotionlessly as she opened the door.

“Anyhow, thank you for the clarification.” The male said, a smile clear in his voice.

“You’re welcome sir.” Hera said as she walked straight outside, not even bothering to look at the teacher. That attitude of hers I what infuriates the teachers and causes them to ignore her, but to her amusement, the male didn’t even get annoyed or mad at her for using such attitude right at their first encounter.

In fact, that was the longest conversation she had this year. Hell, I mean for 2 years.

As she walked towards her next class, her mind drifted off into places. Then she remembered that her next class was P.E., so she needs to change her comfortable black skinny jeans, purple and black-striped shirt with warmers and warm jacket.

She went to my lockers and put back the books and notebooks that she didn’t need and took out her P.E. shirt and jogging pants. She would rather wear long pants than those skimpy shorts that they told the girls to wear.

After she finished packing her bag, she walked calmly towards the gym. She looked at her phone and saw that she still had 3 minutes left. While on her way to the gym, she got shoulder bumped a few times, but she didn’t mind it and so did everyone else.

Finally after getting out of the sea of pre-teenagers, she finally made it to the gymnasium. She was just on time for the warm-ups, and she was planning on skipping it.

“Okay, it’s just 2 periods. You can go through it. You can go through this by being ignored.” She muttered to herself as she quickly ran towards the girl’s locker room and changed.

After she finished changing, she tied her hair into a bun and walked out then staying at the very corner of the gym.

She was just doing fine being hidden, until eventually one of her classmates saw her and yelled at the teacher in front.

“Sir Patrick! That girl over there isn’t participating!” She yelled loud enough to make the whole class look at me, considering she was pointing her finger towards me.

“Now, Ms. Todd, can you please come up here in front and demonstrate some warm-up exercises?”

“Oh man…” She whined as she groggily stood up and went in front. You could say she wasn’t the ‘sporty’ type, but she do know some exercises. After she finished, she went to the corner again. She was relaxed that the teacher finally stopped giving her the stink-eye, and decided to go back to the lockers and read.

On her way to the lockers, she didn’t seem to notice the door to the men’s locker rooms open, and she bumped into what seemed like a wall.

She landed on the ground due to the intensity of the crash, and she rubbed her sore nose.

“Owww…” She groaned.

“Hey, watch it, pimp!” The wall boomed.

“Hey, if you were being careful, I would’ve not bumped into you!” she replied.

“Watch it smart-ass. I’ll meet you by the lockers.” The wall growled and grabbed the v neck of her shirt.

When she finally saw the face of the wall she bumped into, her face paled.

It was Kenneth, the bully of the goddamn school.

At that very moment, she knew she was going to have a very interesting school year.

‘Oh wow… Going to be a great school year…’ She thought as Kenneth dropped her to the ground with a slight punch on the face.

“Just great…”

So, what do you guys think? Should I make more? Feel free to tell me if I made any typo, and if you think it’s nice, why not vote and share it?