Part One - Touché...deal.

FEBRUARY 2020

CAMERON'S POV

I have absolutely no earthly idea how I'm going to walk in these heels all night. 

The simple floor-length black dress that I'm currently analyzing in the mirror on me accentuates my body just right, and the slit in the skirt all the way up to the top of my thigh is- I have to admit- pretty fucking nice. I love it, and in this moment, I love how I look. My hair is curled softly tucked behind my ears, and my makeup is simple but glamorous.

I turn from the mirror and grab my phone and my clutch, carefully making my way out of the bathroom because of these damn heels, and into the main living room of Jasmine's extravagant Los Angeles house.

"Holy shit, Cam, you look hot."

Jasmine Kay, my best friend since eighth grade. We both had a falling out with our respective groups of 'friends' and just kind of gravitated towards each other, mostly because of our One Direction obsession, and the rest is history. We've been by each other's side for our greatest accomplishments and our lowest moments. Speaking of great accomplishments, tonight is a big night- a great accomplishment, if you will. It's the 2020 Brit Awards, and she's nominated for three. To say I'm proud is a massive understatement. 

"Thank you, Jas. You look incredible as well."

She really does, her strapless red gown with rubies adorning the torso and trailing off on the huge tulle skirt looks immaculate against her caramel skin and jet black hair.

"Alright ladies, the car is here to take us to the venue." Michelle, Jasmine's manager, says to us.

I'm the lucky one who gets to be Jasmine's plus one for the evening, but she's totally the star of the show, and rightfully so. I mean, again, she's nominated in three categories. I'm just along for the ride.

As quickly as we can manage without dirtying up our dresses, we make our way outside and to the sleek black SUV waiting for us.

"So are you excited?" Jasmine asks me after we've both comfortably situated ourselves in the backseat.

"Yes, but also nervous. This is my first awards show, so I don't really know what to expect."

"Don't be nervous. I promise it'll be fine. You don't have to worry about any cameras since you're not walking the carpet. You'll just go straight into the venue with Michelle." She smiles.

"Good, because I really don't know how to pose or do interviews or anything like that."

"Well, you'll have to learn soon, Miss Broadway Star, opening night isn't that far away."

"Shut up." I tease, my gaze turning to the fleeting streets of London as we drive.

"So who else is going to be there tonight? Anyone I should be on the lookout for?" I ask out of curiosity, but also complete seriousness because this is going to be a star-studded event.

"Um, I know Billie Eilish is nominated...Lizzo will be there...Stormzy, too...Harry Styles...Lewis Capaldi...those are some of the big names."

Alright, so no need to be nervous. It's just Billie, Lizzo, and Harry fucking Styles. Yeah, no pressure. No pressure at all.

"We're here, ladies!" Michelle voices from the front seat next to the driver a few minutes later.

"Michelle will take you to the table we're sitting at, okay?" Jasmine says as she gives my hand a tight squeeze.