One more hour

Hii. If you've read the whole story you know that good grammar and on point spell checks are not my friend😭 but oh well here we go..

Alex's POV

"Alex!?"
I wake up on the couch to a very concerned Hercules, "Yo bro what happened to you last night? I stayed up as late as I could waiting for you." He puts his hands on his hips like a disappointed father.

"My man, *weird noise* it was craaazy" I say sitting myself up on the couch.
"Bro you disappeared, didn't you leave with Eliza?"

"Nah I dropped her off at her sisters dorm." I clarified.
"So where were you?"
"I was with John."
Hercules' face turn from confused to 'oh shii'
"Oh my god did y'all-"
"Nah we was just chillin man, but we just kept going from one spot to another and-"
"What time did you get in?" Herc cut me off.
"About 5 or 6."
His eyes widened "yo something is definitely goin' on- are you serious."
"A lemme tell bout it, here"'s how it happened..."

Flash back to last night (well earlier that morning)

"Alex  where are we going?"
"There's this Caribbean spot not too far from here."
"Wouldn't it be closed? It's almost 11:45"
"I know a guy."
"Well, can I change? I'm just in sweats"
"You look perfect. Let's go" I say ignoring the light blush on his face.
~
"Aye yo Mo! Open up." I said into the phone.
"Hamilton? You know we're closed." He says sounding annoyed.
"I know but I really wanted to bring someone here to try your food."
"Ouuu someone" he teases
"Mo!"
"Ok ok I'm coming"

A few minutes later the door opens revealing Mo, a 5'10 30 year old lightskin dude with dreads, an awesome Caribbean accent, and by far the finest dude I've seen in a while. Well, before John. Wait-

"Well hello Hamilton, and Hamilton's..."
"Friend, John" John cut in.
"Ok, John it's very nice to meet you" he winked grabbing his hand.
"Ok that's enough. Is there anyway we good get some food?" I ask slapping Mo's hand away from John.
"Oh yes right this way." He led us to a table with a candle and a rose in a glass.
"Oh my god Mo, why?" I whispered aggressively.
"Because, you made me open the restaurant back up so I get to set up the table how I want." He pouted. I just rolled my eyes and putted out a chair for John.
"Oh just a friend huh?"
"What? I'm a gentleman"
"Mhm"
"Anyway an we get-"
"I've already decided on what I'm serving you" he cuts me off.
With that he walks away.
"He seems.. nice" John says, breaking silence.
"He a good guy, just cranky right now"
John nods. We talk for the next 20 minutes, about life after college and his family (I tried not to bring up my non existent family so I wouldn't ruin the mood), before Mo comes out with cart and all of his specials.
"Mo? Now you know I can't afford this-"
"Now when have I ever made you pay?"
He asked setting plates on the table.
"You right"
He walks way and I turn my attention to John. "Have you ever had Caribbean food before?"
"Maybe once or twice but I have no idea what I'm looking at. It looks amazing though."
"Well this is Curried Chicken, this is..." (I didn't feel like listening all that food)

After we finished eating and John and I fought over who would eat the last plantain, it was about 1:30.

"Hey, I got another spot around the corner if your down, tomorrow we don't have class so maybe one more? But homie no pressure we can call it you want" I shrug, John looks at me and goes "Nah let's make a move, and Ima trust you but if this place is whack you gon be callin my ub."
"Ight let's go"

I grab is hand and we head to an open mic bar. They were doing karaoke/ lip sync night.

I stop directly in front of the brightly lit building."An open mic bar?"John asked tilting his head.
"Yep"
"You know I can't sing right?"
"You don't need to know how"I laugh, "do you know how many people come in here sounding like a screaming pig?"
I get a small laugh out of him. I also noticed that we're still holding hands but I don't make an effort to move it. I like the way my fingers feel intertwined with his.

We grab a few drinks from the bar and listen to a few songs. After the 4th song, John gets up.

"Let's go up there"
"Oh, I thought you couldn't sing?"
"Still can't, I'm just getting bored of watching the screaming pigs." I chuckle as he grabs my had and leads me to the stage.

"Can you play 'Lotus flower bomb'?" John asked the dj.

I don't know what it was but as we sung, it felt like he was singing to me and vice versa. Whenever he looked at me, my heart flutter and I felt so warm inside. I wanted to be in that moment with him forever.

We spent the next 2 hours singing songs and dancing. My personal favorite was when John cleared out most of the crowd by screaming, yes I said screaming, 'Like I want you' by Giveon.

When John was noticeably tipsy I offered to take him home."Are you sure you don't want to go home?"
"No!" He giggled. So, being the responsible adult that I am not I listen to him and we run around New York for the couple of hours.

I finally made the executive decision to go home, but not before making one more stop.

"You brought me back to the studio?"
"Well, I wanted to end the night off with a dance. So, may I have this dance?" I reach my hand out.
"Of course" he takes it and we danced to no music.

Flash back over

"You need to break up with Eliza."
"What? Why?"
"Because your in love with John." Thats sentence hit me like a ton of bricks.
"Oh shit, I am.."

Oop- not me updating this soon (yes I know I updated the last chapter like a week ago. ) 🙈