1 | Officially Dead

Simran:

Mere khwaabon mei jo aaye..
Aake mujhe cheed jaye..
Usse kaho kabhi Saamne toh aaye..

My alarm buzzed as I slowly sat up rubbing my eyes.
"Simi di! You really think playing this song will ever get you your dream prince?", my notorious cousin said walking into the room and turning off the alarm.

"Huh! At least let me dream of it.", I replied with a dreamy smile as I got off the bed.

It was a sunny day and I had a huge, like the huge contract of my life.

The designing of Mister Vikrant Suryavanshi's palace - like mansion.

Honestly, I was a mess - more perfectly a beautiful mess.
From the currently messy straight brown hair to my not too fair, not too dark skin tone, mostly people found me extremely attractive.

Extremely meant extremely.

I checked my phone only to find my Boss' life threatening message - "Reach on time. He is a really punctual man. He will bash you badly and so will I if you are late as usual."

God, please don't give such a boss to anyone ever.

It was around nine in the morning when I set out of my house - it was a cool winter morning with the sun high up. The exact kind of weather I'd like to go on a road trip in.

I took a cab and reached "The Solis Casa", The Sun House.
Yes, that was Vikrant Suryavanshi's white palace like mansion's name. The magnanimous metal gates bore the symbol of a sun embedded on each of them.

I paid the driver and walked in.

"Who are you ma'am?", the watchman asked.
"I.. I am Simran Ahluwalia. I am here to do Interior designing.", I replied nervously.
The watchman nodded and let me in.

I walked down the marble covered road to the huge door of the house.
It looked like one of those houses right from a Karan Johar movie.

There was a Mercedes-Benz parked before the door.

I passed by it into the mansion.
It was a warm place - at least that's how it seemed.

"Yes?", a servant asked, eyeing me suspiciously.
"Interior Designing.", I replied softly.

"But—"

"Let her in.", the voice echoed through the mansion. It was a silky yet dangerous voice.
My heart skipped a beat as I looked up at the balcony within the mansion.

It was him.
The Vikrant Suryavanshi.
The business magnate and The Shark.

I couldn't look away from him.
He had a grim face, a strong aura worked around his being. He wore a black suit over a white shirt. He was clean shaven with his hair perfectly combed.

"Th-Thank you..", I mumbled softly in a barely audible whisper.
He nodded acknowledging me.

"Rizwan, I will talk to her personally. Send her into my study room.", he said as his servant nodded.

"Come on ma'am. I will take you to the study.", he said as I nodded.
I felt my heart pacing wildly, this man had just made me so nervous.

I sat in the study drawing in a deep breath.

From what I had heard about Vikrant, he was a huge mystery. No one knew anything about him beyond the fact that he loved the piano and his cigar. And that he belongs to the royal Suryavanshi clan.

As I sat looking around the well lit study my phone buzzed.

"For goodness sake..", I said in gritted teeth and pulled it out from my side bag.
"Manav - my Love", the caller's name read.
I sighed and looked around once, to check if anyone was there and picked it,

"Hello.. Listen I am out.. I can't talk.", I said in a hushed tone.
"Alright Simi.. I was wondering what I should cook for you today.", he said.

Manav Sehgal was my fiancée. A well educated, sensible man whose smile could drive the world crazy. Also, he was a wonderful cook.

"Erm.. Cook you're favourite food..", I said blushing and smiling slightly.
"Aha.. Love, I see.", he said with a hint of humour, "Deal sealed. Okay, bye then."

Saying so he hung up the call.

"Did Rizwan not tell you that usage of phone is forbidden in the study?", Vikrant Suryavanshi's steel cold voice echoed behind me.

I am officially dead.
I thought.

°°°

First chappy here!
Do drop in your views!
Don't forget to vote.