Chapter 2- Welcome to Pack Blue Moon

ABOVE IS TROY BLUE

ENJOY!

Troy POV

"I'll pick you up tomorrow" Alex called out from the driver seat to Josh as he walked away and he nodded, looking down. He walked into his dark house and we left to go back to the pack. We drove in comfortable silence until we got back to the pack territory. "So are you excited to start sensing your mate soon?" Alex asked me and I nodded. I am excited to find my mate but there is a problem that I have been running into lately. I thought that I was straight for the longest time, but more often than lately I have been thinking about guys. When I see the pack warriors training and see them shirtless and see all their muscles I have to busy myself to make sure that I am not seen looking. 

"I hope they're close so I don't need to go far" I say to him, but in my mind I know it's the complete opposite. I hope that my mate is far away so I don't need to deal with the reaction that will be waiting from the pack council, my family, and the whole pack when they find out that my mate will be a man.

It's not unheard of for werewolves to be gay, but an alpha that does not have a female luna is pretty rare. I heard stories about a gay alpha down south and out in Australia but those are the popular ones, I hope that more exist other than me and the two others. But the moon goddess, Selene, might have another path for me to follow. She is known for being a tricky mother to us werewolves and I already have beat myself up at the glimpse of the path I have to follow. Being gay and in these contact sports is hard. I love the sports but the contact can be a little stimulating which is why I haven't told anyone. I don't want to be looked at differently I just want to be the same old Troy that everyone knows me for and ultimately loves me for.

But with this secret comes the fear that I know everyone will find out soon. My birthday is coming up close and since most of the city is made up of pack members, we throw big parties for everyone on their 18th birthday. Even the humans come that are either oblivious to the pack or have accepted the pack. I was lucky that Josh came out first so that I could see the reaction from people around me.

Of course my family accepted him with open arms and that warmed my heart but that does not automatically warrant the same reaction for me. I'm their son and the soon to be alpha, I have duties to fill and uphold. A man mated to a man throws a big wrench in those duties and I am aware of that. But if Selene has chosen this path for me and intends that I follow it then I will follow her blessing. Besides I don't think the pack council really has a choice, defying Selene does not end well for anyone, she has her ways of making sure that her plans play out the way she intended them too. 

We arrive at the alpha house and Alex parks the car in the street. We both walk in the front door and I see everyone is in the living room watching the pack news channel. I take off my winter coat and hang it in the coat closet by the front door before joining my mother on the love seat and swinging my legs up so they are across her lap. She smiles at me and rests her hand on my leg but turns her attention back to the TV. 

My family is pretty simple this way. We all love each other dearly and we get along really well with each other. Of course Alex and I fight, Izzy can be moody and my father can be slightly ignorant at times but we all come to our senses sooner or later. We have always been known around town as a family that does everything together and when I start my own family I intend to keep it that way no matter where I end up. I know that if my mate does turn out to be a man then I might have to leave and the pack will then be turned over to Alex. In that event I know the family will go through some drama but nothing we cannot handle. I know my parents will love me either way, but I am still reluctant to come out to them.

The pressure of the title is just too much and the responsibilities that come with the title are starting to weigh on me. My dad has started training me and let me say that the fighting sequences are brutal. My leg has been dislocated so many times by pack warriors but since we are werewolves we heal a few hours later. Some might say that is a bit intense to be hurt like that, but it's just the way it goes. Werewolves are extremely territorial and when a war breaks out we do everything to protect our territory.