Hospital

The drive in the car seemed like hours. It even might have been a day! Then dad took an unfamiliar route. 

"Daddy," Lily worried, "what is this place?"

"The route to the hospital that Nicholas is in." Dad replied.

I understood fully why Dad didn't say Uncle Nicholas. It was because Uncle Nicholas was Daddy's brother, and Dad got used to saying Nicholas. Everyone understood too, I think that is why no one questioned about that. 

***

As we walked through the white building, Dad stopped to ask a woman where Uncle Nicholas's bed was in. I heard him say something about Lily. 

"...and Lilith. She goes by Lily for short. So when can we go?" He ended. 

"Now. No one is visiting him right now. You may pass." Said the lady.

We walked and walked until we reached the room 299. It was a long walk across the second floor to get to the last room, Uncle Nicholas's. As we entered, there were three people in beds. One was named Ryan, who had cancer, the second was named John, who had corona virus(he was in glass which he could breath in so it couldn't spread) and the last one, was Uncle Nicholas. 

"Nick!" Dad shouted.

"Alan," Uncle Nicholas whispered, "it's very nice of you to come, it turns out I have a heart disease, the surgery is done. These are your kids' friends?" He asked, pointing at Luna and Siria.

"Yes, meet Luna and Siria. My kids were friends with them since—" 

But no one got to find out when we started being friends, as Uncle Nick started choking.

"EMERGENCY!" Shouted Dad, who was very afraid. Unfortunately, no doctor nor nurse heard him. He called Uncle Nick's nurse, and he talked so loudly that the guy with cancer woke up from his deep sleep.

"EMERGENCY! YOUR PATIENT-NICHOLAS-HE'S CHOKING! SAVE HIM... NOW!" He screamed.

At these words, the nurse came hurtling in the hospital. She urged us out for our safety. It turns out I sobbed all over my pants. We ran to the car, and stayed silent. Only one thing broke it.