Prologue

(A/N I may not have much time since I am currently traveling, so don't expect me to update often. Once I am back I'll have school to deal with, and every author knows how much that can get in the way of doing quality stuff.)

The fox kit looked up from the ashes of what it had loved, once, in past lives. It shook its fur free of soot and yawned, knowing that it was not what it was before. It knew, deep down, that it was not the simple and loyal Bella anymore. It was the reincarnation of many souls into one body, Ember's body, it thought. It walked to a nearby pond and looked at Ember, at its blood red coat and intense orange eyes. Its white spots had been traded for black, and it kept some of the ashes that it knew would never wash away. It closed its eyes as a thought settled in. I am Ember. A fox of fire and mischief. Of anger and vengeance. Of souls.

***

The fawn looked upon the world, for the second time. It looked down on the unfortunate events that had occurred on that night. It still felt the poison on its tongue, gnawing at its insides. It knew that it was no longer the curious little deer it had been before. It was -it thought for a moment- Eve. Someone new and different. It let the thoughts settle in. I am Eve, a deer of nature and kindness. Of love and spirit. Of souls.

***

The wolf pup woke itself and hopped to its feet. A moment ago, the flood had killed it and its siblings, but this was them, anew. It seemed to be more surprised than the previous two that I had looked upon to be alive. The curious nature of many of the pups seemed to have still carried over into this one, unlike the others. It surveyed its dying grounds, gathering more understanding of its current situation. It knew of the prophecy; its parents had told it of the symbol on its paw. It inhaled the moisture still in the air, thinking, I am River, a wolf of fluidity and change, wisdom and courage. I am a wolf of souls.

***

The little hawk still knew of the falling of its nest, and the sheer terror that came with it. It had tried to fly in that moment, though it knew that it couldn't. It also knew that it was worth a shot. It did not quite grasp how it was alive, but this didn't matter to the hawk. It only felt grateful. It, not like the others, did not create a name for itself, as it didn't hear the voices in its head. It did all it could to wash them out. But, the hawk had thought before, I am a hawk of  persistence, bravery, simplicity and focus. I have the guidance of souls.

(A/N I am very mean, expect many cliffhangers.)
(A/N Also I was too tired to create a cover, I'll do it soon)