Chapter 7

Dad came sooner than we expected, and drove us home safely.

I was almost asleep when the watch blinked, I checked the message on the screen
" A fire outbreak in a jazz club at Pearsall Avenue, two injured "

I changed into my outfit and sprang out of the window in a form of flying.
I got there few minutes after informing the police.

I saw a lot of people rushing out of the club, screaming and panicking. I directed some of them to a safer place before making my way into the club.

I entered the club, almost colliding with a burning door.
How did the fire started. No one knows
Someone was coughing in the middle of the fire, two persons were already unconscious.
I thought about water and opened my mouth. The fire began to reduce gradually.

I ran to the area where the persons were, I bent down quickly beside one of them and carried her out of the club. As I came out, loud screams from people and the reporting crew engulfed me. I rushed her to the ambulance.

The firefighters and I went inside the club, they rescued the other guy that was unconscious and took down the remaining fire. I checked the dance floor for any victim.
I think the club is empty.
Oh! It remains a person, he was coughing the other time.

I ran to call the firefighters, but they were nowhere to be found. I scanned the area again, fortunately, I sighted a figure lying down beside the fallen and half-burnt disco lights.

I flew there, dropped beside him and tapped him

" Hey, Mister, wake up " I said gently
    No response
I shook him again and called out

" Wake up, please "

He groaned slightly before raising his head up
" What are you doing here! " I raised my voice unknowingly

" Alisha, I've been waiting for you. What took you so long? " Jace whispered

" Hmm......  " I didn't know what to say, I was lost for words

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my cheek, caressing my face. I looked up to see Jace hand and he was also staring at me.

I regained consciousness and quickly pulled away from him

" Let's get you out of here " I said as I carried him out

As we got out, one of the nurses collected him from me. He didn't want to let go at first but I pushed him away.
I checked the other victims, the girl had a bandage wrapped around her forehead while the boy just had a slight cut on his leg.

I was about to go when I heard someone calling for me, I traced the voice down to the emergency tent and found Jace on a bed getting treatment.
" Hi " he smiled

" What do you want " I tried to keep on a hard face

" Can you leave us, please " he asked the Nurse

" But... I'm not done yet " the Nurse declined

" I know, it will take us just few minutes please " he persuaded

" Okay " the nurse sighed, giving up, she stood up and left

" Why do you want to see me? " I asked him

" Can I ask you for a favour? " he questioned

" What kind of favour "

" I want you to take me home "

" Home! " I almost shouted

" Yes, home "

" Hmm..... After receiving full treatment, I can help you home "