Winter salstice

Lena contacts Brainy when she gets up, because of the date that she wasn't expecting she wasn't sure if she would be able to keep her appointment to go to the DEO and talk to Alura. She wanted to talk to the hologramme she wasn't really sure if there was going to be a programme in the AI that would be able to give her the blessing that she wanted but she wanted to try because for Kara family and tradition was very important. Brainy wouldn't be getting to the DEO until midday but she was hoping that he would have another option for her after all he was a 12th level intellect. She found herself looking in her closet. A date would normally mean something classy and spectacular, but a date with Kara where she was told to dress warm, could be anything. Kara could literally take her anywhere in the world, they could be having lunch on the top of mount everest for all she knew. She still wanted to be dressed nice. She eventually went with some apple bottom jeans, a nice shirt, jacket and she would take her tan coat, she was hoping that it would be enough for whatever Kara had planned.

Kara had gotten up early to do some Elf work, she had recreated Lena's message from the photo and strapped it to the elf that was back in his normal suit. She had flown out to the north and taken a photo of him making his way through the snow. She then went to lapland to show his approach to the north pole, and found the man that played the lapland santa, who was more than happy to pose with the elf for a photo. She thought that it would be a nice addition to the photos that she already collected, especially as this was prompted by Lena. She thought that it would make it extra special, that there was an evolving creation with the Elf and Kara was loving the way that Lena was getting into the spirit. She was back just before lunch to pick Lena up, she landed on the balcony and knocked. As Lena approached her breath caught in her chest, Lena was able to make casual look stunning and the goofy smile that followed her eyes popping at the sight of her.

"Hello darling, I hope that this is alright, I wasn't sure what time you were coming or where we are going. I can change if I need to"

"Lena, Rao no, this is perfect, we have been so busy and interrupted with things over the last week it felt like we didn't have time together so today, is you and me, we are going to the fortress, for some time alone."

Lena smiled and kissed her cheek, before heading to the bedroom to grab her coat and send a quick message to Brainy, his response was perfect, the hologram could be transferred to the fortress she just needed to let him know when she was alone for a period of time so that he could transfer it. He had arrived at the DEO to find Alex and J'onn while they were covering today to give supergirl the day off, so Kara was planning to be out of comms, Lena would have to plan something to get Kara out of the way for a little while. He would be able to track her and insure that things were back to normal. Lena returned to Kara and smiled, Kara had moved to her and lifted her bridal style kissing her cheek and heading off towards the fortress. Lena watched as the world drifted past snuggling close to Kara for warmth and well because there was nothing in the world that she wanted more than to be in her arms. She watched as the ground became covered in snow and mountains of ice stretched before her, then shining in the distance the beautiful structure came into view. The amazing structure stretched out around the landscape, sparkling with the light bouncing off its crystalline structure. It truly was beautiful.

Landing softly Kara put Lena down and opened the door to the fortress leading her into the main chamber that was now full of flowers and candles and there were cushions and blankets spread along the floor with an extravagant lunch spread out. There was soft music playing in the background and Kara smiled, Nia, Alex and J'onn had done an amazing job, they had flown up earlier to decorate for her, while she was off with Elf. everyone seemed so happy to help her, she couldn't help but smile at the way they supported her and Lena this way, they really were a family.