She Forgot to...

In the middle of the night, a girl was still wide awake working on her modules. The lights were out inside the house and only the light from outside illuminates the dark living room and the lamp she usually uses to do stuff in the night.

It was a normal night for her. Dogs barking, occasional gecko sounds from the ceiling and the continuous tik-tok of their wall clock.

She paused for a while. She looked at the thin pad of paper beneath her hand and the learning sheets beside it, neatly stacked over the other. It looked less than it actually was. She sighed then pointed the tip of her pen on the sheet before dropping the pen and looked at her work. She had only marked a dot at the end of her sentence and she was done.

As she looked at her work, she noticed how good her penmanship was. She could pass to be a doctor. Though, she wanted to be an engineer so it means that her penmanship was terrible. She sighed again. 'At least I've done it. Just let them guess.' She thought of her teachers.

When she was tidying, she felt like something was wrong. Her surrounding seemed a bit odd from the usual. The normal darkness from the night was now a little grayish and it seems like there was no wind or air as she tried to swish her hand to more some air particles for the wind. She became anxious, she hurriedly tidied her things but it seemed that she can't move faster as her hands calmly moved very thing and her feet and legs were kinda light so she struggled to move faster.

After more like forever, she was done and strode, no, her feet calmly walked through the kitchen. She usually took a peek at her mother's bed before walking to a hallway passing her brother's and father's room. The odd thing was that she walked too quietly for the first time with her squeaky slippers. But she cast the oddness aside. It was a good thing because she didn't disturb her family's sleep for the night because of her noisy slippers.

Once she entered her and her sister's room, she slowly closed the door behind her and moved the blanket which was hanging so it would block the view of the door from her sight when sleeping, the upper part of a double-decker. She was scared of ghosts so she normally does that before sleeping.

She glanced at her sleeping sister under her bed. She was entangled with her blanket snoring lightly. She shook her head as she chuckled silently. Though she disliked her sister for being fat, chubby, she was still her sister and she only wants her to look normal. Although she resents her mother for being a strict mother who was so deaf, figuratively, that she doesn't listen to the explanations from her kids and just concludes everything, she can't find another mother so she would have and still be enduring it. For her brother and father, they didn't get along too well with their way to a different perspective. But, she knew that their father was just protecting him, them, from the harsh world, from the harsh reality.

She turned away from her sleeping sister and looked at the chair she always steps on to her bed, on the top bed of the double-decker. Though it has a ladder, the metal was too hard and too thin for her liking so she uses a stepping tool.

As she stood with both feet on the chair, she was shocked to see someone sleeping on her bed. She didn't get anxious that she didn't know who that was but she was angry that someone was sleeping on her precious bed. She didn't want anyone, even her family, to even set a foot on her bed and now someone dared to sleep on it?!

Her bed was her sacred place for her, her comfort, and her stress reliever. When she felt unwanted, worthless, shameless, her bed was the only one for her.

With anger intoxicated her, she furiously undid the neatly tucked mosquito net and threw the pillow blocking the entrance. She popped in half of her body in the neat.

What angered her most was that the person sleeping was even hugging her favorite pillow which was even hugging the person back. She forcefully grabbed the person's shoulder so the person would face her. But when she turned the person to her, her anger was replaced with a terrifying and horrible expression that she felt like her face paled and she was sweating cold. And at this point, it felt like she was staring at the mirror.

She didn't know that she will no longer endure those helpless days. She didn't know whether to celebrate or grieve that she won't be stuck with her mother anymore, that she won't be stuck with this toxic biological group they called family.

That explained why she felt odd. Her brain was not cooperating with her body and she can't touch the wind. But, how did she tidy her things? How did she finish her learning activity sheets? How was she alive?

In front of her was herself. Her face was white as a sheet. Her body was cold. And she was stiff as she hugged the pillow tightly. The most eye-catching thing in this scene was the black string wrapped tightly around her neck. She can even see that indent, the evidence that the string was tightly wrapped around her neck.

String... The string was the one she made out of the strips she tore from the cloth from the broken eyeglass case she had vented her range to. She had attempted it before but, she always unties it because it was suffocating her and just sleeps her sorrow. But, this time, she forgot to... she forgot to untie it before sleeping.

_____________________________________________

The only humorous part was only at the last part. Though I think none of this is humorous, can't we just lighten up? No? Okay, suit yourselves.

Written: 122920

Published: 123020