Ch.2 Always There

■3rd Person POV■

It's been a month since Suna and Y/N got together, but their relationship remains hidden. They didn't show how they're in a relationship or not doing the PDA stuff. The only thing that their friends aware of is just the way they called each other by their first name, but everyone doesn't pry as they have been friends since 1st year. And besides, Suna asked to keep it a secret because he thought that Rina might come back. Despite him trying to move on, he still hopes that she'll be back when he agreed to do this with Y/N.

Suna was planning on taking a look at the volleyball team practice, Y/N came to tag along with him. The two of them had been walking home together since their so-called relationship started. Even though Y/N always watch Suna's practice and match for 1 year, she never came to the gym together with him. In fact, Suna doesn't know that she always came to all of his games and practice, due to him always being focused on practicing.

Suna : I'm just gonna take a quick look, do you mind?

Y/N: no it's alright, take your time. You must be missing playing volleyball.

Suna and I came to the gym and stand at the entrance. Just then a member of the volleyball team came to them. It's Riseki Heisuke, a 2nd year.

Riseki : Hello Suna san, you came to watch?

Suna : No, I'm just stopping by

Riseki : yesterday Miya senpais also came to watch.

Suna nodded, even the 3rd year is no longer playing and more focused on the study, they sometimes stop by to look at the team. Riseki looks at Y/N who's standing behind Suna, She smiled at him.

Riseki : ah so you know Suna san

Suna look surprised that Riseki recognizes Y/N. Did they know each other he thought?

Suna : you know each other?

Riseki: oh no, I always saw her on the top of the bleachers every practice, and I saw her during our games too.

Y/N : hello there, I'm L/N Y/N, Suna's Classmate.

Riseki to introduced himself to Y/N, he then went back to practice. Suna and Y/N stayed for a while then decided to leave. The both of them walk out of the school ground.

■Suna's POV■

I've been thinking about Riseki's words, he said Y/N is always coming to our practice and match. He even recognizes her even though they didn't know each other.

Suna : so, you're always there huh?

Y/N : yes?

Y/N look at me slightly confused by my question. I guess she doesn't catch the point of my question.

Suna : Riseki said he always sees you, sorry I don't know you're watching my games, you should have told me.

Y/N: no it's alright, it means you're serious about what you're doing. I just came to watch Rintarou who's doing his best on the court, I like to see it. You look like enjoying it a lot.

She's smiling at me. I've been friends with her since our 1st year but I don't really know much about her. We only interacted during classes all these years, as in the after school I have practice or probably being with Rina.

Within this whole month, I've spent with her, I knew that she knows a lot of things about me. Right after Rina left, she keeps on giving me jelly fruit sticks which is my favorite snack. I can talk about volleyball with her, and that's probably because she had been watching the games all these times. But I knew nothing about her.

Y/N: Rintarou? What is it?

I guess I must've been spacing out just now. I shook my head no, and we continued to walk again. I take a good look at her, she's not bad looking, In fact, she's beautiful. Why didn't I see her like this before, is it because I was with Rina? But I knew Y/N first.

Is it because of their personality? Rina is pretty lively and everyone can notice her presence all the time, and she's pretty and tall. But Y/N is more of the quiet side, but she's kind and likes to help people. At least I knew that she sometimes helps some of our classmates with their study, or helping them doing their cleaning duty because she has no club to do after school. Some of the boys in our class are into her as well.

Suna : Y/N why do you like me?

Y/N stopped walking and look flustered. Well, I did ask that out of nowhere though. She's fidgeting and playing with her fingers, she looks cute like this.

Y/N: well.. you helped me a couple of times, like when you share your textbook with me when I lost mine and help me to take a book on the high shelves in the library.

Y/N is not tall like Rina. While Rina's head almost reaches my shoulder, Y/N is only reaching about my chest. But does she really like me because I helped her with that?

Suna : so it's because I helped you?

Y/N: no... what makes me attracted to you is how you talk about volleyball. The first time I watched you practice, I could see how much you're into it. And, I think that's very cool and admirable.

She looks away, her cheeks flushed. Well, she's definitely been to my practice and games then. Listening to what she'd been saying makes me kind of delighted. I placed my hand on the top of her head and patted it.

Suna: well, thanks for coming to watch me play all those times.

■Y/N POV■

Rintarou is patting my head, I grew stiff. I look up at his face and he was smiling. Rintarou always put on a blank expression on his face, he rarely shows an expression according to his emotion.

Suna : sorry I didn't know you came to watch. Rina always told me when she's going to come to one of my games or practice, so I knew she'd come.

My heart clenches. Of course, he still remembers Itsuki. As I can only watch from afar, Itsuki can meet Rintarou before and after his games. Cheering him directly. As my voice, might not be recognized as it blended with the others. I can't be sad, I'm the one who offered this relationship, to begin with.

Y/N: it's alright, I'm just happy to watch you play Rintarou san.

I know even though Rintarou agreed to this, and said that he wanted to try to move on. His heart is still hoping for Itsuki to come back, that's why he asked to keep this so-called relationship between us a secret. I'm actually sad about it, but I'm the one who offered this in the first place.

But maybe now he will look at me even just for a little.

All that time, I've always been there to watch you.

But you never knew I was there

Because you already have someone in your eyes.

I hope that he will notice that I'll always be there.

But... will he?

Because after all... I'm just a replacement