000 , we're supposed to be a family

prologue ; we're supposed to be a family

☻☹︎

❝JOSETTE ANN GET YOU'RE ASS IN HERE I NEED YOUR HELP!❞

A young blonde skipped into the kitchen, an even younger blonde right at her heels. "What does ass mean?" Young Emma Scott giggled propping her head on her hands.

Josie rolled her eyes slouching herself on the checkered kitchen table. "You don't want to know." 

"Lunch?" Veronica Scott asked her daughter, washing the dishes from breakfast perviously.

"Check!"

"Cheerleading bag? water bottle?"

"Check! And Check." Emma squealed looking proudly at the other two women.

Josie tapped her nose playfully, grabbing the dish her mother had been holding.

"So, Mom theres a party after the game, and... I was wondering if I could go?"

Veronica sighed unimpressed that, that was the reason her daughter had offered to finish the dishes. "Sweetie....I don't know-"

"Come on Mom, Samantha and Krystal are both going... Like the whole school. I'll be like a social outcast if I don't go!" The blonde pleaded, cleaning the dish faster.

"Yeah come on Mom!" Emma yelled in Josies defenece.

"See Emma agrees!"

Veronica gave her a look, Josie holding her hands up in a defense. In that moment Tyler Scott traipsed into the kitchen grabbing an orange out of  the fruit basket.

"Do you know anything about this party Tyler?"Veronica asked her son.

Tyler didn't say anything for a second."Yeah me and the boys were gonna go after the game."

"So you're gonna let Ty go but not me? That's complete injustice!" The fifteen year old genius shook her head angerliy, all the drive she had to suck up by washing the dishes had vanished. 

"Injustice? Jo you look that word up in the dictionary?"

"No asshole I'm actually smart! Unlike you!"She retorted.

"Hey Language!" Veronica scolded.

"Ass! Ass! Ass!" Emma called running under the kitchen table.

"Emma!" They all yelled in unison. But the three year old only giggled in response.

"Mom come on back to the party...." Josie started.