Chapter 7~

I feel like my universe just shattered. Gray and Lucy? This has to be a mistake right... but I saw them hugging... It was a friendly hug...

.

.

right?
I don't know what to believe and what not to. Why was Gray with her in the first place? He likes Juvia or does he? What in the world is going on right now? Why is this happening?

'Natsu! Natsu! Stop!!!'

'Oh, Erza...'

'Can't you respond like a normal person?... I've been shouting your name for the past 5 minutes!'

'I didn't hear. Sorry, Erza...'

'What's wrong Natsu?'

'Nothing'

'You sure?' Erza asks me with a worried look on her face.

'I'm totally fine.' I give her a reassuring smile.

'Oh, here you are Erza!' Jellal walks in. 'Did you tell Natsu about our plan?' He continues.

'No, not yet...' She replies.

'What plans?' I ask them.

'Well... To celebrate Levy's appointment as the new President, we are going to the beach and stay there for the weekend. So... Are you coming? Everyone in the group is.' Erza replies

Everyone in the group. So Luce... and Gray. 'Yeah...sure. Count me in...' I tell them. 

'Cool! See you this Saturday! Don't pack too much and also get your beach attire ready!' Jellal says. He proceeds to pull Erza and walk away from me. Erza smiles and waves me goodbye. I smile back. I decided to walk back home alone. While approaching the classroom to get my bag, Luce pops out of nowhere and shouts my name,

'NATSUUUUUUUU~'

I just look down. 'What's wrong Mr ex-president? Don't tell me you miss being president already!' Luce giggles.

'Nah... it's nothing. I'm really happy for Levy, she deserves it.' 

'Yeah... I know right. Even Gray thought the same thing. So, are you going to the weekend sleepover thing, at the beach?'

'Yes.' I reply.

Even Gray thinks so... Huh, I see. This just doesn't feel right...Why would Gray do this to me? That man knows exactly how I feel about Lucy. This pain. It's unreal. Why did this happen to Juvia too. She is crazy about Gray. Why the hell did this happen...

'Natsu...Can I ask you something?'

'Yes.'

'Wh-why did you break up with Lis-Lisanna?'

'We just didn't work out. Why?'

'No, you seem pretty close with her and you never told me the real reason for your breakup.'

*THE REAL REASON IS YOU, LUCY. Y-O-U. DAMNIT*

'Ah, I mean, she is so nice and she seems to care about you a lot...' Lucy adds on.

'So?' I ask.

Lucy looks perplexed. 'I was just saying Natsu...'

'SO? SO WHAT LUCY? DO YOU WANT ME TO DATE HER AGAIN OR MARRY HER?. DO YOU HAVE SOMEONE YOU WANT TO DATE AND YOU'RE NOT DATING BECAUSE I'M GETTING IN THE MIDDLE? WHAT DO YOU WANT LUCY? DO YOU LIKE LOKE OR SOMEONE EVEN CLOSER...LIKE GRA-'

'That's enough Natsu. SHUT UP!'

'WHY SHOULD I? I WANNA SPEAK MY MIND TODAY. ARE YOU AND GRAY DATING IN SECRET OR SOMETHING? ARE YOU GUYS DECEIVING POOR JUVIA TOO?'

'SHUT UP NATSU, JUST SHUT YOUR BLOODY MOUTH! YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!'

'Yeah. I don't. WHY DON'T YOU ENLIGHTEN ME THEN?'

'Shu-shut u-up.' Lucy breaks into tears.

I think I said too much. I like her, so her happiness should be my priority. I shouldn't force myself on her. Natsu, you really are an idiot.

Lucy runs out the door. The desk had imbibed her tears. I just made her cry... What am I doing? I come back to my senses and run after her. I was drowned, covered in jealousy. I was blinded by my one-sided emotions. She probably never saw me another way. I am a fool. If she is happy with Gray, I should be happy for her. That is what real love is right? You yearn to see the person you love to be happy even if you are not a part of their life. I just don't like Lucy. I love her and her happiness is all that matters, not my lustful desires.

I finally catch up to her. 'Luce. I'm really sorry.' Lucy turns around.

'Na-' 

'Shh... I don't need any explanation. We don't have to talk about this...okay? Just don't cry. Okay?' I say those words, patting her head.

Lucy hugs me. 'I'm sorry Natsu, it's not-'

'No Luce... I said I don't need explanations.' I look down to her and wink. We both laugh. 

'Yay! That's the smile I want to see!' I exclaim. 'I'm so looking forward to the beach party! Girls in bikini's~ HEHE ~'

'Ugh~ Geez Natsu. You're also a pervert now!'

'Hey, I'm not!'

'Oh yes, you are!'

.

Seeing Lucy smile, just gave me a calming feeling. Like nothing was wrong. At the end of the day, all that matters is her beautiful smile. As long as she smiles, I am content.