Chapter 2: Learning

It was early morn when life began to stir inside Chamber’s frame. The yellow star casting a faint glow on the occipital world, Ledo rose from his cloaked companion. He shuffled his feet through the grass, realizing how lucky he had been to be spit out on a planet such as this. This planet sustained human life, it was a haven and he was determined to relay his information back to his superiors.  All that he needed now was that Lelouch to return to grant him more knowledge. As if the universe had heard his inner dialogue, Lelouch emerged from a hidden path among the shrubbery. Soft light from the early morning cast Lelouch differently from his dark persona the night before. He had on a black uniform, Ledo later found out it signified one went to school, and a smirk across his face. He seemed less menacing and even trivial now.

Lelouch started, (Translated for Ledo) “Okay, first thing’s first, for this to work out, I need you to tell me your name, I have thought about how I’m going to make it seem like you belong, and I have devised a cover for you, you are a transfer student from some remote Chinese village and will stay with me and my sister, conditionally, of course. If I sense that any danger will befall my sister, I will notify the authorities and they will deal with you. Probably not incredibly well either. Do you understand me?”

Ledo needed to know who these authorities were. Were they members of the Galactic Alliance? Ledo retorted “My name is Ensign Ledo, now, who are the authorities? I have not met any other humans, I need more information.”

With that, Lelouch gave a brief overview of the world Ledo had landed in. He began with the explanation of the war that had happened 7 years ago and the renaming of Japan to Area 11, he coached Ledo into seeing the very dark and cruel aspects of the Brittanians, almost forsaking to mention that Lelouch was one of them. Ledo realized that there had been no mention of any creatures that resembled the Hideauze, ‘could they really not exist here?’ was his frequent thought. Lelouch went on to explain that the school he went to, and now so did Ledo, was a Brittanian school. After Lelouch had explained his end, Ledo had opened up about the Galactic Alliance and the eternal battle against the Hideauze. Looking at his phone, Lelouch realized he was running a bit late to the chess match he was supposed to sub in for. He quickly told Ledo to change into a uniform that he had brought with. Ledo did as he was instructed with military efficiency, stuffing his remote control of Chamber in a pocket.

They were off. Ledo leaving Chamber for the first time made him feel quite uneasy. Soon, they were joined by a boy with blueish purple hair and a biker’s helmet with goggles.

 He exclaimed, “Hey Lelouch! There you are! Who’s that with you? Is he coming with us? Why does he not look Brittanian? We are gonna be late, hurry!”

 Lelouch sighed at the barrage of questions directed his way.  “I’m not that late, Rivalz, calm down. I was instructed to show around this new exchange student from China and so I thought it would be fun to bring him along to view our little afterschool activities. His name is Ensign Ledo, he can’t speak English very well yet, so he has a translator, its actually pretty cool. Here, say something Ledo.”

Ledo waited a second to process what was said and then retorted “Hello, I am Ensign Ledo, you may call me Ledo if you’d like. Do you have more information that will help me?” Chamber’s mechanic voice relayed the information to Rivalz’s ears.

                “WOAH! That is so freakin’ cool! Can I get one?” Rivalz jumped up from the excitement that the voice had caused. “So, is he like, an honorary Brittanian? How did he get into this school, being from China and all?” His tone was that of genuine curiosity.

Lelouch had made his way over to the motorcycle that Rivalz was leaning on, and tailing behind, so did Ledo. “I don’t know, do I look like a Brittanian official? Diplomatic stuff is beyond me.” Lelouch retorted, Ledo not quite believing what he had said. Yet, Rivalz seemed to be satisfied with that answer and hopped onto the front of the motorcycle, Lelouch climbing on the back, commanding Ledo to climb into the little side pod, “that’s where I usually sit, but you can hop in for today.” Ledo complied and they began speeding down the asphalt path.