Chapter 6: Twilight

George woke up.

He could hear the sound of the air conditioning's silent hum, his own slight pants. The usual morning sounds. He got himself out of bed, an unusual urge to. His phone lay on his bedside table, but George didn't look at it.

He went up to the window, looking at the sky. Again, it was early morning. The moon was still visible, the sun slowly rising from the east.

George smiled to himself, letting out a breathe. Things just suddenly seemed so easy. But weights were still on his shoulder, dragging him. But they didn't feel as heavy as they once did.

Perhaps it was time to get them off for real.

By going to the very field on his mind. The reason why his sleeps haven't been sound. To find out what was his missing puzzle piece.

And to get it back, even though whatever it was, seemed so far away. He just needed to let go.

Maybe then, would everything be okay.

-

But in another time, another universe, in another place, perhaps, Dream stood in his own bedroom, looking out at the sky, the sunset.

He sighed, putting his head in his hand. His walk had been alright, but.

His elbows rested on his windowsill as he stared at up at the sky approaching twilight.

Dream could feel his sadness washing out, he didn't know why.

Why he was sad, he didn't know.

So many regrets.

His phone began ringing from the bedside table he had left it on. It vibrated, non stop as though whoever was calling him needed something urgent.

But Dream ignored it.

If it was Sapnap, he could just call Bad. And vice versa. If it was his parents, they would just be asking for money. They never cared about him, but that day wasn't about them.

There was something he needed to do. The moon appeared in the sky, the sun meeting her love.

He could hear Patches, roaming around. Her soft steps, sounds of her yawns. Normal sounds. But his mind wasn't normal. His heart wasn't.

He remembered the field in his dreams. The one that quickly became his most despised location. His small visit there had been disappointing, but perhaps... if he went back. The time of his dreams.

But what did he lose?

Something he regrets.

He decided to finally go to the field. To visit the place of his nightmares, his dreams. He loved that field, but now it was a place of bitterness, something he had lost. Something he wanted back but something he wouldn't get back.

He walked out the house, silencing his phone and pocketing it.

-

George ran to field, each step he took seemed to remind him of more and more of the last time he went to the field.

When he had watched the comet.

He remembered someone's voice. Someone was with him, the last time George had felt 100% at ease. That someone's light touch. The way they held George's hand lightly. The way they laughed with him, showing him the place.

George didn't know why there were suddenly tears in his eyes, as he felt more determined to make it to the field before twilight ended.

The city noises faded, the familiar smell of the field and the light sounds of early morning filled his ears. George wiped his tears on his sleeve, the field looked empty.