~1~

I had just gotten out of Dance Choreography class when the lunch bell rang. "Um... Brit?" I asked my best friend. "Yeah?" she raised one of her amazingly shaped blonde eyebrows. "I'm gonna head to the auditorium. I'm not hungry and I need to practice this choreo." I told her.

"Jordan Rose Gates. Stop it. You are skinny and pretty and oh so very talented. You don't need to practice twenty four hours every day, and you don't need to starve yourself." She said firmly as we started walking down the hallway... Where people cleared a path.

"I am not starving myself!" I insisted. "Jordan. You haven't eaten in 3 days." she sighed. "One, how the eff do you know that? And two, there's no food in the house." I scavenged for an excuse. "Oh please. The granddaughter of Bill Gates doesn't have food in her mansion that she lives alone in. That makes a lot of sense." Brit scoffed.

"Britney. I'm fine. Perfectly okay. See? I'm still alive. Just let me practice today, and I'll eat a little something when I get home." I told her. She just nodded hesitantly and walked to the lunchroom.

I sighed and opened the auditorium doors. I set the jukebox down on the stage,  put my solo CD in, got in my starting stance, and started singing. 

I was a liar
I gave into the fire
I know I should've fought it
At least I'm being honest
Feel like a failure
'Cause I know that I failed you
I should've done you better
'Cause you don't want a liar
(Come on)

And I know, and I know, and I know
She gives you everything but, boy, I couldn't give it to you
And I know, and I know, and I know
That you got everything
But I got nothing here without you

So one last time
I need to be the one who takes you home
One more time
I promise after that, I'll let you go
Baby, I don't care if you got her in your heart
All I really care is you wake up in my arms
One last time
I need to be the one who takes you home

I don't deserve it, I know I don't deserve it.                                                                                                                But stay with me a minute, I swear I'll make it worth it.                                                                                        Can't you forgive me? At least just temporarily.                                                                                                      I know that this is my fault I should've been more careful.  

And I know, and I know, and I know
She gives you everything but, boy, I couldn't give it to you.                                                                               And I know and I know and I know that you got everything but I got nothing here without you
baby.

So one last time
I need to be the one who takes you home
One more time
I promise after that, I'll let you go

Baby, I don't care if you got her in your heart
All I really care is you wake up in my arms
One last time
I need to be the one who takes you home

I know I shouldn't fight it
At least I'm being honest
But stay with me a minute
I swear I'll make it worth it
'Cause I don't want to be without you

So one last time
I need to be the one who takes you home
One more time
I promise after that, I'll let you go
Baby, I don't care if you got her in your heart

All I really care is you wake up in my arms
One last time
I need to be the one who takes you home

One last time
I need to be the one who takes you home.

I looked up when I heard someone clapping. I preferred it dark, therefore I couldn't see the person. "That was amazing. I mean, I couldn't see you dance but your singing is... Wow." a familiar male voice laughed airily. 

"What the hell are you doing here? This is a private rehearsal." I put my hands on my hips. "Really? Because the door was unlocked." I heard the smirk in his voice. "You sound familiar... Do I know you? I'm-" "None of that. No small talk. Get out." I interrupted him and pointed to the door. 

Is it bad that even though I can't see you I can tell your pointing to the door?" he teased. I smacked my arm down to my side. "Get. Out." I gritted through my teeth.

 "Let me get this straight. You don't have stage fright, you're somewhat popular here, meaning you're attractive, and you're used to people worshipping the ground you walk on and obeying every word that comes out of that bossy mouth." he guessed.

How. The. Fuck?

"Okay Mr. Fortune Teller, you can leave." I ordered. "So I'm right. Wanna know how I know?" he asked, and I heard footsteps on the stage. "Not really." I turned to the footsteps. 

"Well, there was power in your voice, meaning you're used to singing and dancing around people, and you're very confident. Because you're confident and bossy, you're popular. And also most likely gorgeous. You're used to people listening to you, which also supports the popular theory. It's pretty simple, really." he explained.

"Alright, Mr. Smarty. Let me get this straight. You hang around at least one mean girl, I know this because you weren't scared off as soon as I talked to you, you have some confidence, and you're smart... Meaning you're most likely not cute... Oh, and you're definitely not popular."

"Looks like we got a bright one. You don't find those often. Pretty, popular, smart, and sarcastic? I'm betting you have guys all over you." He guessed. "Wait a minute... Am I by chance standing in front of Britney Smith?" 

"Please, don't insult me." I scoffed. "No way... Jordan Gates?" I could practically smell his astonishment. I then realized... This is the one guy in the school who won't cheat me like the bitchy rich girl. "You are just shooting insults right now." I smiled.

"So a popular girl who doesn't like Britney or Jordan... Jealousy, perhaps?" the footsteps were getting closer. "Jealous? Of those barbies? And I thought my respect couldn't get any lower for you." I crossed my arms.

"Yet my curiosity is rising with every syllable that comes out of those glossed lips." he was really close. "And how did you know I'm wearing lipgloss?" I raised a brow. "Is there a popular girl who doesn't?" he laughed. "You're not wrong." I could hear his soft breathing.

"Why are you so close to me?" my breath hitched. "Why are you so far?" Once again, I could hear the smirk in his voice. "Because- I don't know you." I searched for an excuse. Why was this guy messing me up? 

"Do you want to?" he asked. "Uhm-"

~Bringggg~

"T-that's the bell." I stuttered. I could feel him less than a foot away from me. "Meet me here tomorrow?" he asked. "On one condition. Lights stay off." I insisted. "As you wish." and with that, I left.