Prologue

"Mom, what's a soulmate?" a young petite black haired boy inquired.

His mother smiled down at him, running her fingers through his hair and ruffling it up slightly before answering, "A soulmate is someone your soul is attracted to, the person you are meant to be with. This person takes on a different form in each lifetime."

The boy stared up at his mother, eyes wide as he took in the new information. His lips upturned into a smile, his eyes gaining a sparkling glow as well, "Wow! I can't wait to find mine!"

The amount of enthusiasm the boy produced couldn't help but make his mother smile. She gently removed her hand from his head before turning back towards her dishes and turning on the water. Her son, now full of desire, found himself fantasizing about his soulmate. What would they look like? Would they be human? A girl? A boy? He didn't know.

He was only 7 after all, he had his whole life ahead of him. A whole lifetime to find his soulmate.

Yoongi awoke to his alarm going off. It was once again time for class, and he would have to hurry if he intended to meet up with Namjoon. Sighing, Yoongi pushed himself into a sitting position and finally to his feet. Going to school was something he dreaded but was necessary if he wished to someday produce for celebrities all over the world.

His phone began to vibrate, buzzing against the painted wood of his nightstand. The noise caught his attention, pulling him from his thoughts and back to reality. Groggily picking up his phone, Yoongi hit the answer button.

"Good morning Hyung!" an overly happy and awake voice filled his ears causing him to groan. How could this man have so much energy at seven in the morning?

"Morning." Yoongi replied, rubbing his eyes in an attempt to wake himself up some more," What do you want Namjoon?"

Namjoon chuckled softly from the other end of the line, "Did you just wake up?"

Yoongi grunted in response, it was too early for this idiot to be this cheery," Yeah, So what?"

"Nothing, Hyung." Namjoon countered, "I actually called to tell you I won't be able to walk with you to class today. Jin needs a ride to his cooking class so I will be a bit late to class..."

"It's fine Joon." Yoongi answered, "Really, it is. I can manage to find the classroom myself."

After a few more moments of banter, the boys finally ended their call. Yoongi sighed, it had been a while since he was walking himself to class. Stretching quickly, Yoongi made his way to the bathroom, grabbing a fresh set of clothes on his way. As much as he hated to shower in the morning, he had sweat a lot in his sleep last night. Not wanting to smell, Yoongi slipped into the shower, washing away the long night he had.

The sun was up by the time Yoongi had arrived at the gates of his university. The class did not start until nine and Yoongi thought he was making good time, arriving thirty minutes prior to class. Taking a deep breath, Yoongi slid into the school gates and began his walk to the cafeteria, reminding himself that he did, in fact, need to eat something before class.

The food wasn't extraordinary or anything. It was decent.

Grabbing a pre-made bag from the counter, Yoongi made his way to the quiet corner of the room. He was surprised when he saw another person occupying the corner, no one ever really sat there after all. The boy was listening to music, his hair dyed a light gray-brown, and was dressed in an oversized pastel blue sweater and black ripped jeans.

The boy looked up as Yoongi approached. He seemed startled by Yoongi and quickly pushed himself off the wall, one of his earbuds falling out of his ear as he did so.

"O-Oh, I am sorry. I didn't realize this corner already had an owner. I will leave now..."

The brunette began to walk past Yoongi, causing the older to raise a brow and grab his wrist, "You can stay, it's not like I will be here long anyway."

The boy seemed taken aback. He turned towards Yoongi, giving him a confusing gaze. Yoongi did the same before shrugging and taking in the sight before him.

"What's your name?" Yoongi asked, signaling for him to take a seat on the bench," Mine is Yoongi, Min Yoongi."

Still, in a bit of shock, the younger bowed," Nice to meet you, Mr. Min, my name is Jimin, Park Jimin."