06

3rd pov

"if there are still others in the building. we ask that you bring all the food you have and come to the main floor." indigo heard on the intercom was she got out of bed. she looked over at hyun to see that he was still sleeping. she watched as he looked so peaceful he looked in his sleep.

she smiled as she listened to his soft snores but was confused on why she smiled. she shook her head and talked out the room to see mr han starting to pack food into a bag.

"good morning." he said smiling happily at the girl.

"good morning." she said slightly smiling back. she walked into yeong-su and su-yeong's room to see if the two were up. she walked in softly to see the two still sleeping. she smiled and moved yeong-su's hair out of his face.

"indigo." she heard someone with a raspy voice say from behind her. she jumped a bit.

"i'm sorry i scared... you. i just... wanted to know... if you... thought... it was safe to go down?" hyun said sitting on the children's bed.

"i think we should go check first before we bring mr han and the kids down." indigo said looking down.

"alright... let's go." hyun said getting up. she sighed and followed him.

"we're gonna go check out downstairs... i'll come back up... to get you and the kids." he said grabbing his weapon and putting on his shoes. indigo did the same and grabbed her bat.

"wait. i made these." mr han said coming towards us and handed us both earbuds.

"what... do they... do?" hyun asked.

"they can detect the monsters." he said smiling and handing us some box looking thing to plug our earbuds into.

"how?" indigo asked looking at mr han confused.

"that's a secret." he said smiling.

"now hurry along." mr han said smiling. the teens nodded and slowly walked out.

"stay behind me... i mean it." hyun said quietly. she looked at him with wide eyes and nodded. once they were at the third level they could hear from the earbuds that a monster was close. they both covered their mouths and pressed themselves against the wall trying not to get caught.

once the monster passed the started walking again. they had thankfully made it to the bottom. hyun then tried to push the door open it wouldn't move.

"stay back." he said softly pushing indigo back before he launched his body into the door. the door had only opened a little. hyun groaned as he felt pain washing over his body. indigo quickly made her way over to him and helped him up.

together they pushed the door to see a large group of people starting at them.

"so there are other people still alive." a boy with glasses said looking at them. they both awkwardly nodded.

"i'm eun-hyeok. and you two are?" he said smiling at them.

"i'm hyun... and this is indigo." he said turning to her. she smiled a bit.

"well i've... gotta get some other people... c-can someone help me go get them... one of them are unable to walk and the other two are children." he said looking around at everyone.

they all looked terrified.

"why can she help you?" some girl said in an annoyed voice.

"indigo is... hurt." hyun said quickly making up an excuse.

just as she was about to say something else she got cut off by a scary looking man

"i'll go with." he said looking at hyun, he nodded. hyun made his way over to indigo and said

"give him the earbuds and bat so he can come." she nodded and handed her stuff to the man. they all watched as both men went back up.

"i can tell that your little boyfriend was trying to protect you." the same girl from earlier said to indigo.

"i guess." she said coldly before sitting down somewhere away from the group.