Chapter 31 - We Are Your Family

Note: Last chapter was kinda short so I figured I would update again. :)

            Carter and I went home early when we finished our talk with Rolla, Pilote, Topanga, and Sam. Rolla told us not to worry about it unless we specifically ask them for help and I was more than willing not to add anything else onto my plate. Instead Carter took me home and laid with me on my bed. I wrapped my arms around his torso and rested my head on his chest while his arms wrapped around my waist.

“I thought things would calm down when I heard Rolla announce our secret. I was wrong. It’s not going to calm down it’s going to get worse. We’re one step closer to the fight.”

“In a way it is better Lil.”

“How?” I asked.

“Because the secrets are gone and you have your friends back.”

I smiled, “And we’re going to kick some butt.”

He laughed, “Exactly. You should get some sleep. I should go but –“

“No,” I whined.

“But I don’t want to,” he finished.

“Good because you can’t leave.”

“I can’t?”

I shook my head, “Nope.”

He sighed, “I guess I’ll have to stay here for the night.”

“Yes,” I grinned.

He chuckled, “Something told me you wouldn’t have let me up anyway.”

“Pretty much,” I admitted.

            I felt something push me awake the next morning and I opened my eyes to find mom sitting next to me on the bed. I was still lying on Carter’s chest. I rubbed my eyes and turned to my back to face mom.

“I’m going to let the fact that he has a room here slide.”

I smiled, “Thank you. What’s up?”

“I would like to speak with you.”

“About what?”

She sighed, “I just cannot believe you’ve been hiding this secret for so long. Something occurred to me. This has to do with your dreams doesn’t it?”

I slowly nodded, “They led me to Rolla.”

“I’m so sorry I didn’t believe you,” she started crying, “All those years you’ve been having those nightmares and I didn’t believe you. All this time there has been another world out there we weren’t aware of and –“

“Mom you read the book didn’t you?”

She nodded.

“You don’t have to say you’re sorry. You only believed what you did because of the spell. You didn’t see what I did.”

“Sweetheart how could you see what you could?”

I sat up, “There’s something people don’t know about this situation. If I tell you mom you can’t tell anyone. It has to stay a secret.”

“I promise sweetie, you can tell me.”

“You know how everybody has a soul mate?”

She nodded.

“Well… there are soul mates and there are soul mates called the Samoulte. The Samoulte are the ultimate soul mates. A new Samoulte couple is brought together every 200 years. They live forever and experience different abilities than the other Tigmas. Rolla and Pilote are the Samoulte. Since they live forever they’ll be King and Queen forever. They’re 200 years old… Carter and I are the new Samoulte. Being the Samoulte allowed Carter and I to be immune to those spells. The palace became visible the first time I met Carter.”