calm before the storm

*inform me on any typos i was excited to post this one so i haven't 100% confirmed if there's any typos! enjoy*

There will be more parts to this one!

It'd been weeks since you left your house aside from occasional grocery trips and seeing Eren of course. You'd both agreed on keeping whatever it was you had going on between you to yourselves. There were days when he'd show up at your doorstep simply to hold you while you slept. Tonight was the first time you'd shown up somewhere together. He'd picked you up in his black jeep, he went inside first and you went in exactly 4 minutes after he walked through the door. There was a party at Connie's and Eren claimed that you "desperately needed to get out of the house" so you got dressed up and you went to the party.

You wore a brown patterned skirt with a black long sleeve, and a flannel. Receiving the "Pulling up" text you grabbed your shoes and ran out the door being sure to lock the door behind you. Reaching over the glove box Eren opened the door for you and smiled as you hopped in.

"Why don't you have your shoes on its freezing out?!" He asked.

"I was in a hurry" you replied as you slipped your feet into your Mary Janes.

He scoffed and pulled out of the drive way.

_______

"Alright, me first?" You nodded your head as he parked in front of Connies house. Just as he was about to leave the car, he placed his hand slightly above your collarbone and his lips met yours. You placed your hand on his chest in attempt to pull away as you let out a small whimper. Finally freeing yourself of his hold, you shove him out of the car.

"Go inside you pervert!"

After the 4 minutes you joined everyone in side and genuinely enjoyed yourself. You had a drink or two.. or five. Everyone knew you were a lightweight, two drinks alone was enough to knock you out.After letting you have some freedom for the night, Eren brought you to the room where he and some other guys were chilling downstair and laid your head in his lap as you napped.

"Don't ask questions." He said noticing the stares from everyone in the room. He enjoyed holding you while you slept. He liked being seen as yours, he twirled your hair in his fingers and watched as the curled back up. He'd always loved taking care of you and surrounding himself with your energy in general was enough, but he couldn't help but want more. He wanted to be official, and tonight was the night. The boys engaged in a few conversations and topic changes before you woke up. Still suffering from a bit of a headache you'd decided to just lay on Eren for a bit.

"So has this been a thing for a while ?" Connie joked.

"You're an ass Connie" Eren replied with a laugh

"It was pretty obvious I mean you never take your eyes off each other and the tension is so strong everybody in the room can feel it."

Now you'd sat up and were leaned against Eren's shoulder holding his arm. He looked over at you and tucked a loose strand of hair behind your ear.

_________

Shit its almost 12...i'm gonna take her home and get her to bed." Eren said before standing up and pulling you to your feet. You were sober enough to walk fine. Just before walking out the door Eren stopped you. "Damn I think I left my wallet, will you be okay getting to the car?" He asked genuinely, if you would've said no he would've just taken you with him to grab it but you insisted you'd be fine.

Walking out onto the front porch it was loud, you noticed a group of people you knew arguing but it was a party so you didn't think anything of it. You overheard part of the argument as you stood on the porch but cold the breeze became too much to handle so you made your way off the porch and to Eren's truck.

"Jean he's not worth it! Don't do it PLEASE!" Mikasa yelled out holding on to the back of his shirt.

Jean pulled the gun from his pants and attempted to point it at Floch. Reiner managed to turn Jean away from Floch.. but in attempt to take the gun from Jean it ended up pointed directly at you. It happened so fast. Three shots rang out and you fell to the ground as yells rose from all around, followed by people fleeing the scene.

After finding his wallet Eren made his way to the front of the house with Connie by his side. He was down the hall when the shots were fired. It was a dangerous neighborhood, gunshots were normal. By the time he had made it to the front porch he was met by the image of you as you lay on the ground in a puddle of your own blood, struggling to breathe.

"Y/N??" He cried as he ran to you, falling at your side. He lifts your head into his arms and holds you as you cling to life.

"SOMEBODY CALL SOMEONE! DO SOMETHING!!" Tears falling from his eyes, onto your chest. The bullet, lodged in your lung making it hard to breathe.

"eren.." you managed to exhale with a smile, squeezing his shirt. Wiping the tears from your eyes, Eren continued to cry out for help.

"Eren its okay" you finish before being cut off.

"No don't talk Y/N breathe." He pleaded, attempting to apply pressure to your wound.

Noticing your eyes starting to close he started to tell you things to keep you awake.

"Hey no keep your eyes open you can't sleep, not yet." he demanded, hearing the sirens approaching he lifted your body from the ground and into his arms, holding you for a moment long enough to tell you this-

"Y/N I am completely and utterly in love with you, and I always have been, I love how you sing in my car, and how you leave your things at my place because you know you'll be back. I love how you trash your room looking for something to wear, and god I love how you don't put your shoes on until you're in the car, and you said you wouldn't leave, so please don't leave me."

-just before they put you on the stretcher, and your vision began to grow black.