Chapter 5 - Move on.

14 June XXXX, Saturday. 8.15 A.M.

    [ Geno's P.O.V. ]

    I probably got no sleep last night. Insomnia is such a bitch. And it had to befriend me since middle school...a truly painful experience I might say.

    But what I still hate and regret to this day was my past self. I was so careless–thinking about only playing all night–just like any other kids. Now? I finally know the importance of sleep. It's true they said, we tend to appreciate it when we lose it.

    Trying to focus on the novel, I sighed at the silence within my room. It's nice living alone, really, even it may be a bit creepy. But then again, the most creepiest ghost here must be long gone since I existed.

    I glanced at the old clock on the wall, seeing it's almost half past eight. Time passed so slowly with lack of gaming, and lack of company.

    Speaking of company–I didn't want to remind myself this–but my friend, Reaper, would be coming soon. If he is still the one that I know and hate, he would be here earlier. And by earlier I meant 30 minutes in advance. Which was, like, now or never. I'll show you that I'm not talking bullshit.

    " Death. I'm not in the mood for any Knock-Knock joke. Also, we have a front doorbell, for heaven's sake. "

    A swish of black from the window told me that I'm doing a good job, but he would probably be unfazed, as always. Apparently it's not the first time I caught him lurking outside waiting to play.

    Well, not like I minded, but it's just something unique about that guy. Insistent. Flirtatious. A chewing gum stuck to your shoe. If you have known him as long as I have, trust me, you would get used to it.

    " Aww, but it's Saturday! Play along! Pleaseee~? "

    " Aww, hell no. Now come on in or I will activate the booby trap. "

    I sensed a hint of confusion in his voice: " Since when you have a booby trap-? "

    " Well, I didn't. But I have THIS. "

    Walking to the front door and slamming it open, I hit the book I was reading right square on his skull. Not to worry, I wouldn't go to jail for violence. I have my limits.

    " Oof, how fulfilling! It won't be a perfect day without a slap of love from my dear Geno! "

    " Slap of love my ass. Just...ugh "

    Reaper was suddenly dragged into my house by the arm, chuckling softly as he followed me into the cozy and welcoming area. Looking at the man beside me, he DID look formal with shirt and jeans on, with a jet-black long cloak of his, as usual.

    I ushered him to sit on the sofa, asking: " Coffee or coffee? "

    He smirked: " Any. But if it's from Starbucks, I would take it as a special consideration. "

    Of course, I should have known that his addiction to Starbucks was not okay. That's why I keep an entire stock of recipes and do-it-yourself coffee maker only for this occasion. You should thank me, Death.

    " Wanna help me in the kitchen? I wouldn't mind. "

    " Definitely! Nothing better than spending more time with you! "

    I groaned as I made my way to the kitchen. Hearing the footsteps of the person who had spoken behind, I couldn't help but feel nice with someone around. Even an introvert needs a break.

    I was glad to have him as my friend...