6

Minsik and I locked eyes for a brief moment. His were dark, alluring.

He was sat beside Haon on a couch, although he didn't seem to take much interest in what the younger was saying as soon as I stepped in.

"Who's this?!" Hwimin asked from near me, gesturing to me. "who brought a date without telling ME?"

"She's a dancer at AOMG, that's Maddison, my friend." Haon introduced me quickly before I was pounded with questions. I smiled at the thought of being Haon's friend.

"Hi." I waved one hand at the handful of attractive guys in the room, but only found my gaze drifting back to Minsik.

He popped open a beer and raised his eyebrows at me almost as if asking what?

So I looked away.

"Haon has a girlfriend now? Damn," I recognized Woodie Gochild as he approached me. "Nice to meet you." His smile only spread a wide grin on my face.

"Friend," I corrected and Hwimin busted into laughter. "Ouch, already in the friend zone."

Haon only rolled his eyes and hopped up to his feet. "Let's go help Sungmin set up." He left the room with Hwimin and Gyujeong.

"I need to find Harry I think he died." Woodie left the room.

My eyes, once again, landed on the only person in the room. Minsik.

He stood, putting on a backwards hat and he held out his untouched beer to me.

"No, thanks." I shook my head, "I'm more of a wine girl myself."

He set the beer down on the table, nodding. "It's all shit."

I raised my eyebrows, taking a few steps toward him so I wasn't standing in the entrance like a weirdo. "You don't like it?"

"Nah," Minsik dismissively waved his head, "to be honest I can't drink, I don't like any of it."

"Your songs say otherwise."

"Clearly you haven't heard all of my songs." He fired back.

This mother fucker and his smooth ass comebacks.

I rolled my eyes, incapable of giving him that satisfaction.

"I'm on in 5." He said, chewing the gum that was in his mouth as he took a step closer to me, until the gap between us was probably as small as my capability of admitting that I think I'd caught feelings for him.

"Um, then you should probably go out there." I replied.

"Are you gonna leave if I do?"

I hid my smile from the words—it almost sounded like another way of asking me to stay.

"I'm here for Haon, as a friend." I shrugged, "not you."

He looked away with a slight laugh from the near-insult, sharp jaw compressing the gum he chewed. Then his eyes found their way back to me, "I can change that."

My heart was louder than the music from the club at this point. Leaving him with the last words, I left the room to go find Haon.

Minsik literally made me crazy. I couldn't figure it out. Was it his undeniably attractive looks? His deep voice? His cute dimpled smile? The flare in his personality or the sweet and hard working side?

I was officially going insane over someone I barely knew.