Chapter 25- Backup

I remain silent, not because my mouth is gagged, but because I don't want to say a word to this man. Hawkmoth roughly yanks the cloth off of my mouth. "This may help you to not be so silent."

I don't say a word.

"Don't ignore me, girl." He threatens.

I continue to keep my mouth shut.

Hawkmoth scowls, but his sour expression quickly turns into a twisted grin. "Very well. If you refuse to talk as a superhero, maybe you'll talk as a boring little girl." He sneers, reaching for my chocker.

"WAIT, NO!" I quickly say.

Hawkmoth smiles, and begins circling me. "You've caused me quite a bit of trouble, Alley Cat. Nothing would please me more than to take your miraculous and kill you." He stops when he once again reaches the front of me. "But I believe that you would make a powerful ally."

"I'd rather die than help you."

"I figured you'd say that. So I thought I might need someone's help changing your mind."

I swallow the lump in my throat.

The door slowly opens and another person enters the room. They're wearing a Gray and black suit similar to Hawkmoths, and a black mask covering their blood-red eyes. A long black cape hangs from their back. As the figure comes closer, I realize that it's a young man, maybe only a year or two older than me. He smiles at me wickedly, showing off his abnormally long canines. "Alley Cat! Lovely to finally meet you!"

I scowl, and look away.

"Feisty one, isn't she?" The man asks Hawkmoth.

"Indeed. But that will only make this all the more fun."

The man smirks and approaches me. He stares into my aqua cat eyes, and carefully moves my ponytail to the side, exposing the side of my neck. He leans his face to my neck, and opens his mouth.

"Get away from me!!" I shout, frantically shaking the chair trying to avoid the man.

The man growls and tries to grab me, but my catlike reflexes kick in and I don't get caught. His face turns red with anger. "Hold still!" He orders.

"No way!" I scream. "I won't let you do anything to me!"

Hawkmoth groans in annoyance, but then smirks. "Just let it go Dark Fang. Let her be stubborn.
She can still be useful as bait. Ladybug will be here soon to rescue her. I'f we're lucky Ladybug will bring backup and we'll have our pick of miraculouses."

The other man-Dark Fang-sighs, but agrees, and exits the room with Hawkmoth, slamming the door behind him, leaving me in darkness. I look around the room, hoping to see a way out, but only see a single vent in the ceiling above me. The walls around me are painted gray, and a few boxes are staked up in the corner. I wonder what's in them, but I'd need to be free from the chair to reach them. I try ripping my hands free from the tape, but after five minutes of pulling, I only end up with sore wrists and disappointment. I sigh and look at my feet. This is all my fault...I think. I should've waited like Ladybug told me, but I jumped to conclusions and left her. Now she has no idea where I am, and even if she does find me, Hawkmoth with just ambush her and steal her miraculous. Not to mention Parakeet and Bandit have to protect New York alone now...

"I'm so sorry Ladybug..." I whisper.

I wish that Robin was here. She always gives the best advice. What will my family think when I don't come home? They'll be so worried...

I desperately want to cry, but I don't allow myself to. You can't let them see you weak. Stand strong, (yn) I tell myself. But even now I'm having a hard time convincing myself.

:-:-:-:-:-:

"What do you mean she got taken?!?" Chat Noir angrily yelled at his partner. "I should've been the one to protect her...not the other way around."

"Chat Noir, you have no idea how determined she was to get to you. There was an indescribable passion in her eyes." Ladybug told the cat, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"She could be dead right now, Ladybug! The girl I love could be dead because of me!" Chat Noir cried.

"Don't worry kitty. I have a plan, but I'll need you to trust me on this." Ladybug says.

Chat Noir nods.

"Good." Ladybug smiles. "You said the sentimonster disappeared at about 3:10 in the afternoon, the same time that Alley Cat was kidnapped. I think that Mayura and Hawkmoth wanted to distract you so that Alley Cat would have a reason to run off by herself. My guess would be that wherever Alley Cat is, is where Hawkmoth is."

"That's not good...She already used the Horse miraculous to get here. So not only can Hawkmoth discover Alley Cats identity, and steal the miraculous of the white cat, he'll also have access to the horse miraculous." Chat nervously says.

"That's why we need to find her as soon as possible."

Ladybug and Chat Noir jolt around to see Bandit and Parakeet standing behind them, both wearing their spacesuits. "So what's the plan, Ladybug?" Parakeet asks.

"What...how did you two know Alley Cat was gone?" Chat Noir asks, pointing at the two New York heroes.

"Ladybug called us after she first noticed Alley was missing." Bandit says, crossing his arms.

Ladybug smiles and nods at Chat Noir to confirm the claim.

"By the way, it's amazing to meet you Ladybug!!" Parakeet excitedly says, frantically shaking Ladybug's hand. "Thankyou for inviting us to Paris!!"

The blue eyed girl nervously chuckles. "Uh, thanks for coming?"

"You know I trust you completely Bugaboo, but how exactly are we supposed to find Alley Cat in a city with two million people?" Chat Noir asks.

Bandit sighs. "The cats right. Finding out where Hawkmoth is will be like finding a needle in a haystack."

"Not if you know where someone is." Ladybug smirks, holding up her yo-yo to reveal a map in the screen, with a flashing red dot on it.

"You put a tracking device on Alley Cat?"

"Yup. It was only when she was running away that I realized she was the purpose of the lucky charm, which turned out to be a tracker. I quickly used my yo-yo to latch it on her without her noticing."

"Well then what are we waiting for?" Chat Asks. "Let's go save Snowfla-uh...I mean Alley Cat!" Chat says, darting away.

Ladybug grabs his tail, causing him to fall back into the ground. "Not so fast, kitty." She smiles. "We're going to rescue Alley Cat from Hawkmoth, meaning that he's probably expecting us."

"So what's your point?"

Ladybug smirks confidently. "We're going to need more backup."

———

Hi everyone!!
Two announcements:

1) this book hit 2k readers!! So thankyou to my old and new readers alike! It makes me so happy when you all comment and show your support!😊💚🖤

2) I was thinking on names to call my readers, because I feel really generic and boring calling you guys "everyone". I get that it's normal, but normal is gross. So what if I called you guys 'Kittens'? I thought it might work because this book is about Chat Noir, and my username is CrazyCatTeen35 (fun fact, my name is based off of the term 'crazy cat lady' but I'm technically still in high school, so I'm not really a 'lady' so I swapped it out for teen)

Let me know what you think!

Again, thank you so much for your love and support 💚🖤