HOW IT STARTED

Spencer Hastings sat on the couch in the living room of the Hastings mansion reading her book 'Catcher in the rye'. One of her favorite books. She waited patiently for her parents to get home. It was the last day of school, and the Hastings planned a summer vacation to Australia for the summer. Her older sister was joining them, which made Spencer happy that she wasn't going to be alone and would hear her sister talk about college.

Melissa entered the living room with her suitcase's, Hastings are always prepared they've been planning this this vacation since September. they needed everything perfect.

"Melissa how many suitcase are you taking?" Spencer asked her older sister. "Just 3 suitcases and 2 bags" Melissa said casually.

"We are only staying for 2 months not a whole year" Spencer said sarcastically. "I need more than 2 months of clothes, just incase" Melissa defended herself.

"Mom and Dad are here" Spencer when she heard the car pull up into their drive way.

"Melissa! Spencer!" Veronica said hugging her daughters. "You girls ready to leave?"

"Yeah" Spencer said.

"My bags are ready, just need to get them in the car with the rest of the luggage" 

Spencer followed her sister outside helping her with her suitcase. 

"Do you think we'll meet any cute guys?" Spencer blushed as she talked to her sister. "I will, you are to young to date" Melissa said. "I am not! Many girls at school have boyfriends." Spencer said

"Spencer your 12 years old you can start dating when you're 14 when you start high school" Melissa said reasoning with her.

"Do you have a crush on someone?" Melissa smiled at her sister.

"Their are 2 boys that I might've taken interest in" Spencer blushed more.  "Tell me who!?" Melissa said excitedly.

"Alex Santiago he's my lab partner" Spencer smiled "And who's the other boy?" Melissa was eager to find out.

"Toby Cavanaugh" Spencer face turned red.

"Spencer! your into older boys, your truly are a Hastings."

"You still seeing the older guy from Upenn?" Spencer asked.

"Yes"

---------------------

Australia was fun, but after 2 months they missed home. August 30 Hastings drove back home at 3:32 am they were exsuasted from a long flight. Spencer was asleep when she heard the fire works.

"What's with the fireworks?" Spencer asked. 

"Ian is having a party, he like going all out" Melissa answered.

"Oh"

the last thing she saw was a white light.