Darkness

PART 1

"WAKE UP YOU SPOILED BRAT!" Aunt Miranda screamed at the top of her lungs in my face. I suddenly wake up and sit up, my back hurts really bad from the bed. I look around and see Aunt Marie in the doorway. I feel like every day I live the same day over and over again. My aunts "homeschool me" but I do nothing all day but cook, clean and do chores.

"MAKE US BREAKFAST RIGHT THIS INSTANT AND MAKE IT GOOD" Aunt Marie screams. Our neighbors have complained multiple times about them screaming but they always come up with a good excuse and play all polite and nice and get away with it, I honestly don't know how the neighbors can live with all this yelling 24/7.

I get up and go to the kitchen to make those crusty old ladies eggs and bacon. "The eggs are VERY dry and salty just like (Y/N) " Aunt Marie said to my Aunt Miranda. They both laughed like they were evil witches, which they are. I wish my parents were still alive, I wouldn't have to see these old pigs and work for them, they died in a house fire when I was only 1. Aunt Miranda threw the food in my face and said "We provide you with a home and take care of you and you cant even make good eggs WHAT A PEST!" Their version of care is making me do all of the housework and do whatever they say or want.

*A FEW DAYS LATER*

"Our friend Myrtle is coming over for some tea so don't be a pest, don't come out unless told to, do not speak unless you are spoken to, don't be clumsy, and be as invisible as possible." Said Aunt Marie. "Well, those are the rules here already so there is no difference," I said and I regretted it the moment it came out of my mouth. " Are you trying to be smart with us?!" Said Aunt Miranda. "GO TO YOUR ROOM AND STAY THERE, THERE BE NO LEFTOVERS FOR YOU TODAY!!" Yelled Aunt Miranda. I just wanted to melt into the floor. They pushed me into my cramped room and locked the door.

I punched the wall and started to cry into my pillow. What is my purpose in life I was thinking to myself over and over. Does my life really have a purpose? I pulled out the old iPod that I found on the floor at the supermarket and it was just playing games on it until I felt better.

*2 HOURS LATER*

I hear a knock on the front door and of course,it's Myrtle. She is just like my aunts snooty and rude. The walls are so thin I can hear their conversations and gossips. "How is that brat (Y/N) treating you? I would like to see her" Said Myrtle. I punch my pillow because I do not feel like talking to anyone especially Myrtle, she always comes for tea once a month and she so annoying.

I quickly hide my iPod under my pillow while Aunt Miranda unlocks my door. I stand up while Aunt Mirada gives me an evil smile which is so creepy. I walk out and stare at Myrtle and Aunt Marie sitting at the kitchen table. The room goes silent. "You are starting to look as ugly as your mother" Myrtle says laughing. Both of my aunts laugh as well while I have this resting mean look on my face.

I try to walk back to my room to cry but Aunt Miranda stops me, turns me around,and tells me to pour Myrtle some more tea. I almost roll my eyes but I force myself not to. I grab the teapot and start pouring the tea... I feel like I need to sneeze...AHHHH....CHOOOJHBJUFDA I sneeze and all goes wrong. I sneeze in Myrtle's face and all over the table, all the tea in the pot spills all over her, my aunts are rushing trying to clean her up and the very expensive fine china tea set is broken. "(Y/N) YOU LITTLE ORPHAN PEASANT!" Says Myrtle. My Aunt Miranda shoves me onto the floor and screams at me to clean everything up.

I get up quickly and rush to clean everything up. I wish that all of them would just be quiet it's like a madhouse in here. All goes silent..."Did something happen" I ask them. I can't hear them at all. "Hello??" Still nothing. It looks like they are trying to yell at me but nothing is coming out. Am I cursed? It seems like they can hear me but I can't hear them. 

Myrtle runs out the door looking as red as a tomato from shock and almost falls down the stairs going out. It's actually nice not having to hear my aunts. I just lock myself in my room and listen to music with my old headphones that Elly, a girl who works at the local record shop, gave me for free. I'm still wondering why my aunts can't yell or even talk.