I like you

Please vote and support. Thanks 😊

Sam took a few seconds to come out of the shock. She slowly detached herself from his embrace and looked everywhere but him. Harsh smiled and he remembered the last time her eyes wandered everywhere but him.

She thought that he had never hugged her before and wanted to know if something was bothering him and so she asked "Are you ok Harsh? Do you want to talk? Is there something bothering you?" Harsh said "No. I am ok. In fact everything is good. Onnun illa(Nothing) I want to talk to you face-to-face, when do you think we can sit and talk with each other?" Sam said "I know, we haven't been able to spend time with each other because of my work. I will make it up to you. How about we talk today after work? The same coffee shop we first went?" and looked at him with hopeful eyes. Harsh agreed and she joined back with her colleagues.

Sam arrived before Harsh and left him a text. He arrived after 15 minutes later and apologized. She smiled and said "Its ok. Hazelnut Latte?" and he nodded. She went ahead and got their drinks. Once she sat down and had her first sip, Harsh spoke. "You might think that I am taking a haste decision given our timeframe and everything. But, in the past few weeks when we didn't meet, I realized that I like you" Sam didn't know what to say and she kept staring at him. Harsh continued "I have started to look at you as my life partner. And I understand if you need more time. I will respect your decision and wait until the day you feel the same too." Sam nodded and she wasn't able to speak anything. She tried to keep up the conversation and after a few minutes they left the coffee shop.

She was left thinking about every moment she spent with Harsh and the way they both moved with each other. Her mind went to the past where within a month of being introduced to that man she was engaged more than 4 years before. She was left thinking about every single event. She wanted clarity and she approached her mother. She said "Ma, I want to talk to you. Can we go out on a drive?" Her mother nodded.

That night, as Sam started driving with her mother, she spoke "Ma, I want to tell you somethings. I will first talk and then tell me what should I do next. Ok?" Her mother agreed and Sam continued "Ma, it's been more than a month now and I bumped into him when I went with my team for lunch. He said he wanted to talk face-to-face and we went to the coffee shop where we first went. He said that he likes me and he will wait for the day when I will start liking him too. I don't know what to do ma. I mean he is definitely a nice guy there's no doubt but ma I am scared of all this. This new found relationship, this new feelings, everything. It is scary ma. He has maintained proper distance and seeks my permission, he's so perfect ma and I am scared. What if this is just a dream? What if I screw up? All these what if questions are eating me up ma" 

Her mother told her to park the car and then she spoke "Sam kanna, you have 4 more months. Ok? And Amma has always been by your side. Right? Trust your feelings and guts. If your mind and heart both says to give more time, then give more time because you have to make the ultimate decision. Not me. If you think, you've already made your decision just the same way Harsh has made a decision, then tell it. There's no right or wrong now kanna. You both have been given time to get to know each other and make a good decision that is better for the two of you together. Backing out of that decision a day before marriage or on the wedding day is wrong because not only are you breaking someone's heart and their dream but also everyone's happiness. So take advantage of the situation you are at right now and make a good decision. Ok? And Sam you need to believe that everything will be great. Seriya?" 

Sam nodded and said "That does make sense. I mean, you are right ma. I do have the liberty of time and I guess I will take that time. I just hope everything is fine." Her mother assured her "You will make a good decision. Now don't overthink and be calm. Everything is going to be fine. Alright?" Sam nodded and they went home.