1: sokka drops his meat ;))

it was a sunny morning, everyone else was still asleep except for sokka. (surprisingly)

they were currently in the fire nation capital, wearing disguises to blend in. he was hungry but they ran out of food, so he went to the black market.

he tried searching for food all over the black market, but all he could find was cactus juice- which was an experience he didn't exactly crave at the moment.

the only thing that was on his mind was meat, so he left the black market and went to find some street food... he drooled at the thought of juicy skewered meat...

he could already hear the sizzling, the juice dripping off his mouth once he bites it...

the tenderness of the barbecued meat...

he just had to eat it, now.

sokka ran as fast as he could to the street food stands, he was determined to make it there and enjoy the delicacy of a food he hasn't eaten in a while, meat.

meat gave him hope, meat gave him life, and meat has taught him to never give up. meat has always been there when no one was, and now he is desperate to reunite with it.

ever since he was an infant, meat was like a parental figure for him. ever since their mother died and their father and the other men went away, meat and katara were the only things he could trust -- and the other people in his tribe but meat is more important.

he ran faster than sound, his heart pounding in his chest, it was getting harder and harder to catch his breathe, but sokka didn't care. he would risk anything for meat.

he makes it to the food stands, and sokka's mouth starts to water. a wave of nostalgia seeps in and sokka starts to tear up, he missed meat... he missed it so much.

apples and other food weren't the same as meat, they just couldn't compare. and hanging out with a vegetarian avatar didn't do anything to help return to meat consumption because he had to avoid it as much as possible.

but now, since they're in the fire nation, meat is basically unavoidable! ah, bless fire nation delicacies...

sokka stared intently at the delicious delicacies he would see the people eating every morning. the sound of them chewing was filling his ears. he could almost taste the juices of the freshly cooked food. the steamy scent would be all he could smell. he knew he needed this. if he didn't, he didn't know if he could survive.

"hey kid, what would you like to order?" the vendor asks.

sokka drooled. "uh, the komodo sausage!"

he got the sausage, paid for it, and went on his way. but as he walked he heard footsteps coming towards him.

"sokka! we've been looking all over for you, it's time to go!" his sister yelled as she ran towards him.

"wait, kataraaa! just let me take a bite-" she yanked his arm and it made him drop his meat.

it was at this moment he thought, is it legal to commit a third-degree homicide in the fire nation?

"sokka~"

"huh, what?" sokka looked at his sister, confused.

katara stared. "what?"

"uh nothing." i swear i heard someone say my name...

that was pretty weird.

"anyways, katara, you better buy me another komodo sausage!"

katara sighed as they walked. "we don't have time, sokka."

"i missed the part where thats my problem!" sokka argued. "you made me drop it so you have to buy me another one!"

"alright, fine... maybe next time, i promise."

sokka whined, when was next time gonna be...?

he was so close, yet so far.

"sokka~~"

okay, who keeps saying his name in a very seductive yet sock puppet-y way?

"katara, do you hear that?" sokka asked.

katara hummed as he faced him. "hmm? hear what?"

"that voice who keeps calling my name!"

"what do you mean? no one is calling your name." his sister looked at him, confused.

"huh, that's really weird."

eh, it's probably nothing.

---

(a/n: my friend VixieFoxMC is the co-author, she does half of the paragraphs while i did do the other half so y'all can go follow her if you want thanks fam)

(also chapter 2 is coming very soon since we're already planning it out)

(also also whoever knows where i got "i missed the part where thats my problem" is now a celestial being)