Life & Such (1)

6:00 A.M.

I heard my alarm go off, but I groaned and rolled over in bed. There was no reason to get up. I saw my mom hovering over me, so I had no choice but to get up. She was the boss. Not me.

"Hurry up, I have work soon."

She left, so I reached over for my phone on the bedside table. I checked for notifications, but of course there was nothing.

I dreaded going to school. I hated the fact that I couldn't actually enjoy anything while I was there. Everyday was the same thing.

I got dressed, and went downstairs. I headed into the kitchen and looked for something to eat. I tapped my fingers on the counter as I though about what I wanted. However, my mind drifted off elsewhere. I thought about the same thing that I always did, VidCon. I had been wanting to go for a while now. It was a dream of mine. I tried to turn it into a more realistic goal, but that never happened. I could never afford it, and even if I could, I wouldn't be allowed to go.

My mind returned to my breakfast, and I just grabbed a muffin before running upstairs. I opened my laptop, and got onto youtube. I watched Smosh, my FAVORITE youtube channel ever, until it was time to go. I grabbed my bag, and went downstairs so my dad could drive me to school. I got in the car, and we took the short drive to my school. I walked towards it, and went inside to my FAVORITE place. (such sarcasm)

I approached my really good friend, Adrienne. I've known her since second grade. We've been really close since then. We had our moments when we drifted really far apart, but we've never completely split.

"What's up?" I asked, shoving my phone into pocket.

She shrugged her shoulders, and I laughed as she started telling a really strange story, as usual. She told me about how since she's turned 17, her family is all on her about being more responsible. The teacher finally let us go to homeroom, so I waved to Adrienne and started walking to my homeroom.

I walked down the hallway, alone, until I heard someone calling my name.

"Sam, SAM!"

I turned around, and saw one of my other good friends, Rachel. She was part of a group that we called 'The French Fries'. Cheesy, I know. We just came up with it one day. There's really no explanation.

I turned around, and laughed as she ran to catch up to me. She looked like she was gonna pass out when she got me. She was holding an envelope in one hand, and a large poster in another.

"What the heck is all this?" I asked, trying to hold the poster up so I could read it.

"The poster is for science, the envelope is for.. someone."

"WHO'S THE ENVELOPE FOR?!?! I GOTTA KNOW NOW!!" I was trying to be quiet, but it wasn't working.

We just walked down the hallway, arguing over how the poster looked.

12:00 P.M.

It was a few minutes before lunch, and I just wanted to go home. I was having a really bad Wednesday. The bell finally rung, and I flew out of the classroom and to the cafeteria.

I sat at the small table we always were at, and put my earbuds in. I turned my music up pretty loud, so I didn't even notice when some of my friends sat down. I heard my name being called, so I looked up. I saw Jess looking at me, so I took one earbud out.

"Yeah?" I looked at her and put down my pencil that I was drawing with.

"Did you finish the English homework?"

I shook my head, I hadn't even bothered with it.

2:00 P.M.

I walked out of school, and put my earbuds in. I started walking home, and hummed along to my music. I felt somebody brush against my shoulder, so I looked back. I saw a man in a black hood, and he looked me straight in the eyes. I shivered as the wind blew around me, and tried to step away. He grabbed my hoodie, and I squeaked out a barely audible cry for help. He threw an envelope at me, and then let go of me. I turned around, and started speedwalking home.

TO BE CONTINUED...