Chapter 1- Flashbacks

Flashback, 12 years ago

"Come here you little monster!" My dad said as he chased me around the room. I giggled before jumping on my bed and looking around for somewhere to hide.
"I got you now!" My dad cried as he tucked me in bed.
"Now you stay there little munchkin as I fetch your pain in the bum brother Elijah"
I giggled at this statement and patiently waited for dad to come back with Elijah so we can hear the story he promised us. A few minutes later dad came in with Elijah over his shoulder before putting him down on the bed. Elijah sat there with a grumpy look on his face and his arms crossed.
"What story is it today dad?" I excitedly giggled.
"Today I'm going to tell you about the legendary and scary Zayn Angelo and his son Ace," he said waving his hands spookily. At this, my brother uncrossed his arms and looked at my dad excited.
"Are you sure your both brave enough to hear this story?" He asked already knowing the answer, we both nodded our heads as fast as we could.
"Alright then, but don't go complaining about me too your mother now will you," he said wiggling his eyebrows, and then he began.

"In this very country lives Zayn Angelo, and his son Ace Angelo. Rumour has it they live in a forest in Corinth and rarely come out many people go looking for them hoping to find this majestic mansion, villa, underground tunnels? No one knows, but they all want a glimpse of the place. Many times people have gone looking but none have come back. The family owns nearly everything in this city, and always knows when you're talking about him. A brave and heroic doctor once got on the wrong side of him and the next week his whole family was dead and his daughter was gone. The poor girl was found several years later tortured and abused, lying in a puddle of her blood. Zayn is destructive and ruthless and leaves blood and havoc in his path, and is teaching his very son too do the same. Ace is only a mere age of 12 and yet he's killed and taken down many enemies of his gang, with his friend Axel. The two are cold-hearted and ruthless. Never get on the wrong side of him otherwise you may find yourself killed or tortured" and with that sentence, he laughed and turned around.

No sooner had he finished the sentence we were hiding under my duvet hugging each other. My dad looked around and realised we were under the duvet, leaking out at him.
"Come on Addie, Elijah I would never let him get to you, look at these big muscles!" He said in a gruff voice and started flexing his muscles. I giggled realising nothing wasn't here.
At that moment Mum walked in and looked around, she let her eyes wander the room before coming to a rest on the too little kid shaped bundles under the duvet.

"What have you been telling them this time Noah?"

End of flashback

New flashback 2 years ago

I know I had come here to make new friends and have a fresh start, but I don't know if that was possible I was still grieving my parents, remembering walking in and seeing their bodies covered in blood, seeing the message written on the wall with their blood stating that there dead and there's nothing we could do, I remember being kicked out of the house, moving towns to Corinth only being able to afford one hotel room, crying in Elijah's arms, knowing there's nothing I could have done to save them. Slightly shaking my head to get to of the horrifying memories I continued walking with a determined face on.

It had been 5 minutes and I still hadn't found my maths class, what a great impression I was making. You would have thought someone would have noticed me walking around looking like an idiot. Finally, I saw a girl who looked around my age. Quickly I rushed up to her and tapped her on the shoulder
"Excuse me, do you have any idea where maths with Mrs Jamie is?" I asked her hoping she would nowhere the classroom is.
She smiled a massive smile "Wait- we're in the same class! Come on we're going to be late and Mrs Jamie is very grumpy in the mornings! You must be new! I'm Bailey, we're so going to be great friends! what's your name?" She squealed as she grabbed my wrist and dragged me along, I smiled already knowing I would like this girl, just as happy as she said it I replied
I'm Addie, it's so nice to meet you too! Thanks for helping me get too class. I would love to be friends!"

The first three lessons were boring however I made some great friends. I smiled looking around at the girls I was walking to lunch with, Bailey, Danielle and Avery. Once in the cafeteria, I looked around smiling at how great the food smelt. As I walked straight towards the lunch queue looking at my friends, I felt myself walk into someone. I looked up and saw the most handsome boy ever, it was like love at first sight.
"Oops- I'm so sorry!" I let out blushing like mad
"It's fine the boy said looking down at me, I'm Liam, nice to meet you" he stated
"I'm Addie" I replied smiling. That's when I noticed he was blushing!

End of flashback

Thank you guys so much for reading this chapter, it was just a few flashbacks so you get to know a bit about Addie. Please leave some feedback!

Word count: 968