The Party

Marinette’s face was aflame. How couldn’t she be? The rage that boiled within her felt as though it couldn’t be extinguished. Someone else’s lips on Adrien’s. Someone else getting, so easily, that of which she has longed so long for.

Not to mention it was her best friend, of all people. Even if were for just a second, even if it were just a game, even if she liked someone else, the rage burned her very soul at the thought.

The thought that they could fall for each other and of Alya, her absolute best friend, stealing the future she’d planned out and wanted more than anything, no matter how little probability that situation had.

Before she knew it, Alya winked at her with a smirk and her crush spun the bottle. As the bottle came to a stop
Marinette felt her heart leap.

Instantly, the girl’s face was enflamed once again, not from rage but from embarrassment and excitement, as she stared at who the bottle landed on, Adrien and herself.

Everyone oohed and laughed, others exclaimed things like ‘finally!’ and cheered them on.

How? The girl thought. How had she managed to pull that off? Was it just luck, coincidence, or…is Alya truly that good?

She was so focused on Alya she hadn’t even realized Adrien was mere inches away until his hand landed on her shoulder, snapping her from her thoughts.

“You okay? We don’t have to do this if you don’t want to,” The blonde spoke with a soothing voice and the kindest eyes.

“N-no, I…”

“It’s fine. I can tell you’re uncomfortable.” The blonde began to back away.

“No!” She exclaimed and instinctively grabbed his face and pulled it to hers, barely an inch apart. He was obviously taken by surprise as his stunned emerald eyes stared back into her nervous bluebells.

Automatically, she dropped his face and glanced away. “S-sorry. I-” she mumbled as her fair skin burned her like a flame.

In an instant, it had happened. In an instant, it was over. Just as fast as his lips hit hers, they had left.

As he began to pull away, she knew she couldn’t let it end here. She wanted more, and to go further than just a simple peck. This could be her only chance; she couldn’t let it slip away with nothing but a millisecond long feeling that would soon fade.

Immediately, she recaptured his lips, squeezing her eyes closed with a lunge forward, effectively knocking him on his back, though she didn’t notice. Her lips embraced his as he laid in shock. Instantly, she regretted her decision and began to pull back.

Suddenly, his lips reached for, and captured, hers. His hands laid upon, and gripped, her waist.

Their lips slowly caressed each others as the two melted away from the reality that their class was watching them, in amazement and shock.

The girl found that she felt…nothing. No rage or embarrassment. There was only Adrien.

Though, she found she felt nothing emotionally, her body was burning and shaking from excitement. Inevitably, the time came for them to part, their gaze connecting as their eyes opened.

Suddenly, an eruption of cheers filled the room and they remembered where they were, blushes exploding across their faces. She nervously climbed from him and returned to her spot, as did he.

“Well, now that everyone has been kissed, we can move on to our next game.” Alya exclaimed as she ran into the kitchen and came back with a box.
“Seven minutes in heaven!”