18 - Windy city

Damon, Evelina and Elena arrived in Chicago soon later. They walked the streets together gaining looks from both men and women admiring Damon and Evelina. They walked through the busy markets and shops until they were approached by a woman.

"Evelina Salvatore as I live and breathe. I thought you were never coming back to Chicago?" An old woman said as she held Evelina's hand.

Damon and Elena furrowed their eyebrows. The woman was very old, her back was arched and her black her was slowly turning grey. Wrinkles covered her face and she looked so close to death they could pre-buy a coffin. Evelina narrowed her eyes until she came to realisation.

"Queenie Laveau? Is that you?" Evelina exclaimed.

"It sure is, granted I'm a little older than when you last saw me." The woman's cracking voice replied.

"Evelina we don't have time for this." Damon said but Evelina simply ignored him.

"God! I haven't seen you in what 60 years? That must make you..." Evelina started.

"85 and still alive!" Queenie joked.

Damon tugged at Evelina's arm she glanced at him and rolled her eyes.

"Well it's been great seeing you again Queenie but I really have to go.." Evelina explained.

"Oh no dear it's fine, but do return to Chicago soon. I've told all my grandchildren about you, Evelina Salvatore the most beautiful, kind vamprie I ever met." Queenie said.

"Thank you Queenie, have a good one!" Evelina smiled as she kissed the woman's hand and walked away with the two.

Damon stared at his sister suspiciously.

"What?" Evelina asked.

"My sister kind? She must've got the wrong vampire." Damon joked.

"Just because you're an asshole and bring out the bad side of me doesn't mean I don't have a good side." Evelina defended.

"Whatever you say little sister, she's just trying to hide the fact she actually has a heart." He whispered to Elena therefore earning a smack from Evelina.

"I think it was nice, why don't you show people that side of you?" Elena smiled. Evelina rolled her eyes.

"Once you show that side of you people take advantage of that shit." Evelina replied.

The three continued walking together searching for any sign of Stefan. With every dumb joke Damon would make or constant flirting between Elena and Damon, Eve wished she never came to Tennessee. She was just glad they weren't in Nashville.

"Evelina!" A voice cried out from behind the trio.

Evelina furrowed her eyebrows before widening her eyes as she realised who it was. Hesitantly, the three turned around.

 Hesitantly, the three turned around