Smiles All the Way

"Hello?" I said as I answered the phone. Ever since I had caught the criminals that were terrorizing the castle that we live in, people had taken a notice of me. Immediately there had been multiple cases that people wanted me to solve. Some were as small as allegedly stolen pets to as large as houses that were broken into. My parents didn't think, and still don't think, that a young girl should be solving dangerous cases when the police can easily solve them themselves. Contrary to what they think, I can handle myself.

"How may I be of service?" I politely answer.

A scratchy voice spoke on the other side of the line. "Is this Nellie Argyle?"
There was an awkward pause. The lady mumbled something as she crinkled what sounded like a sheet of paper. "Sorry, do you mean Natalie Azalea?"

"Oh, yes. I need new bifocals. I also need a lot of help with something."

"Alright, tell me what it is and I'll see if I can help."

Suddenly, the line clicked and the only sound I heard was the blaring beep that signaled the disconnection. I put the phone back on the hook, then picked it back up again to dial up Nate, my slightly distant relative.
The phone rang a few times before there was an answer. "Hey, Nat, how are ya?"

"I'm fine except for a strange phone call."

"Who from? Was it someone I'd know?"

"Unless you know an old lady that called me without leaving her name, than I don't think you do. How's Molly by the way? I haven't seen her in two weeks. My desk is overflowing with cases to solve."

"She's fine. She went out for a picnic with my siblings and me yesterday."

"When are you planning on coming back to the castle? Did you find work yet?"

"I've been meaning to tell you about that..." His voice trailed off in a familiar manor. He does that when he's deep in thought.

"Do you remember when I applied for that job on the cruise ship?"

"Yeah..." I smiled as I figured where this was heading.

He mumbled something, then cleared his throat loudly. He paused and repeated the process once more. "I'm going to work there now. The best part is that I get to bring family and friends for a discount price. So what do you say? Do you want to take a first class cruise?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hello! Not sure how I'm going to finish this. I've written another story with Natalie, and I'd like get some more ideas. I might take a while to update, but I hope that when I update, it will come in large chunks of writing.
Comment, View, and make sure to watch for updates!
Sincerely,
NancyDrewReader