Afterward: The Harbinger and the Recruit

His wounds soon recovered shortly but his armored form "Foul Legacy" is a very taxing form that drains quite a bit out of him. Caring for him in secret for some time may have been the best few weeks I ever had. For once I was able to be the one teasing a bit, but he still got his fill in every now and then. But  I didn't dislike it. I enjoyed the time we are able to and found out he was really just using Lumine at the time for his plan, though I must admit I did pout for some time when he did say he had a liking to her for her fighting abilities and investigative abilities. Though I do have to admit she was impressive to be able to fight Childe as he was. 

The Rite of Parting passed with no issues and Childe invited me to live in his quarters, which I did accept. For one it would be easier to monitor his condition as he is recovering. Our time together working didn't change as much, the teasing of me during my paperwork, traveling with him to collect loans and pay them out, the occasional treating to dinner or lunch. But home life was certainly a blessing to have. 

Being able to wake up to him next to me, sharing meals together more often, and being able to spend my days with the man I love... is like a dream come true. So much so that every night I am afraid that I will wake up back in my old room, that it was a dream all along. But it wasn't. This is my life now and I am enjoying every minute of it. 

"y/n, Good morning. Looked like you slept well. Luckily we don't have work today so we can take time to relax and do whatever." He caressed my cheek and gave me a warm smile. I lean in to give him a kiss. 

"I think it should be fine for us to lay here for a little while longer." I made myself comfortable within his warmth, cuddling up beside him, feeling his heartbeat against mine. 

When I first got here I never expected myself to be together with a Harbinger of the Fatui, but I don't think he thought he would fall for a young recruit. I really do think it was some sort of fate, magically pulling us together but it was also the force of our own emotions that lead us to become how we are today. I enjoy it all and he enjoys our time as well. The Harbinger and the Recruit; an unlikely pairing that somehow found fruit within the beautiful scene of Liyue Harbor. 

"I love you Childe," I remind him again.

"I love you too, y/n," he reassured me once more.