𝑰. 𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔥𝔬𝔪𝔢

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ 𝐳𝐞𝐥𝐝𝐚 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐦𝐚𝐧

The moon was already high and I walked through the woods. I wasn't a person who gets easily scared, but hearing those sounds and cracks sent shivers down my spine. Since Zelda Spellman and I were somewhat a thing, I knew about a few things that could be out there in the world. That's why I hurried a little more to get faster to her house.

I just hoped for a normal night, maybe a bit of chatting with Sabrina, Ambrose & Hilda and then I just wanted to cuddle Zelda and fall asleep.

When I reached the front door, I already heard yelling from inside. A part of me wondered what was going on again, the other part knew that Sabrina did something that didn't really please her aunties. I knocked and waited until Hilda opened.

Her facial expression was hard to read. »Hello Darling, I'd offer you some food first, but Zelda is really freaking out right now and I don't know what to do anymore,« she sounded exhausted. Hilda is one of the purest and nicest human beings I know and she always knows how to calm her sister down, but this time not even she knew what to do.

»Don't worry Hilda, I got this,« I gave her a quick hug and made my way to the kitchen were the yelling came from. To my surprise Sabrina wasn't even involved. »Hey Honey, what is it?,« I asked carefully as I got closer to her. The red head sat on the floor crying, sometimes screaming and her breath smelt as if she drank a bottle of vodka. »Don't touch me!,« she yelled and pushed my hand away.

I sat next to her on the floor and brushed a strand of hair behind her right ear. »Zelda, you know you can tell me,« I whispered and took her hand in mine. There were long moments of silence before she spoke up again. »Leave this house, or I'll make you,« her voice made me shiver just as much as the sounds of the woods. She got up and brushed the nonexistent dust off her dress and looked at me.

»Go!,« she firmly said and turned back towards me. I got up and walked out of the kitchen. My mood was drained and I thought it was best to just head home. On the way out I walked past Hilda and thought she might know what happened. »Zelda and Sabrina got into a huge argument and one thing led to another when Sabrina went on about how Zelda wasn't her mother and that she wasn't in the position to tell her what to do,« Hilda explained and scratched her temple.

Maybe Sabrina was the reason for Zelda's bad mood, but I knew how much she loved her aunt and that she just said it in the heat of the moment. I turned around and walked back into the kitchen, where the woman I loved most sat and softly sobbed. »Zelda, love,« my voice was barely audible when I spoke. She moved her head up from where it laid in her hands and just looked at me. »Let's get you to sleep, hm?« I asked and slightly moved my hand up and down her arm. The woman just nodded and quietly got off the chair she was sitting in and slowly walked out of the kitchen.

I was just relieved that she didn't push me away a second time, so I followed her and helped her get up the staircase. She opened the bedroom door and almost tripped over her own feet. »Careful,« I caught her before she slipped and led her over to her closet. »Do you think you can do this alone, or should I stay until you're done?,« I asked and waited for her response. »You're not staying?,« she asked a bit slurry and her facial expression turned into something unreadable.

»I think it's best if I go,« I calmly explained. »Please I want you to stay, Y/n,« she begged and I can hardly ever say no to her. I just nodded and helped the woman get dressed. »Just lay down already, I'll get you a glass of water for when you wake up,« I said and left the room.

When I was in the kitchen I saw Hilda sitting at the table talking all excited to someone over the phone. I filled a glass with water and made my way back upstairs.

»Here you go, just take a sip,« I handed her the glass and she quickly gulped the water. Her eyelids were heavy and I sat next to her and waited for her to fall asleep. »Can't you lay down?,« she asked in a low voice. I nodded, knowingly that she wouldn't see it, and I laid next to her on the mattress.

The woman clung to me, for what felt her dear life. »Promise me one thing,« she whispered, »You won't ever leave me, will you?«
A long time, none of us said anything.

»I love you,« I said and cupped her cheek, »Be sure I won't.«
Zelda smiled sweetly and it warmed my heart. Mostly she was cold hearted towards everyone she knew, sometimes even towards me but I got lucky that to see her softer side too. Maybe not as frequently as I wished for but I wouldn't change a thing about her.

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶༉‧₊˚.
┊ ┊ ┊. ➶ ˚
┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✧
┊ ˚➶ 。˚ ☁

Hello friends:)
I hope you enjoyed my first one shot.
I will try and update this frequently due to the reason that I don't have to work on a whole plot for a storyline.

xx saph🪐