𝐼𝐼. 𝔩𝔞 𝔳𝔦𝔢 𝔢𝔫 𝔯𝔬𝔰𝔢

*:・゚✧𝐳𝐞𝐥𝐝𝐚 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐦𝐚𝐧

[⚠️ smut warning!!]

Nervously I clenched my fists and stared at the reddish front door. My heart thumped in my chest, i was afraid they could hear it through closed doors. Weeks ago I had applied for a job at the Spellman's mortuary and after a lot of convincing over the phone I managed to get it, even if it's just for trial.

I knocked and waited impatiently for someone to open. „Hello, how may I help you dear?," a nice lady with a thick British accent asked when opening the door. „I'm Y/n," my voice was thin almost inaudible. „Oh great, come in I'll show you 'round," she hastily said and pulled me into the house, „I'm Hilda."

I smiled and looked around, taking in every detail. „Hilda!," a stern voice shouted from what I thought was the kitchen. I jumped from the sudden noise and shot Hilda a angsty glare. „That's just my sister, follow me I'll introduce you," the blonde woman almost pulled me after her. „For Satan's sake Hilda, who is this?,« the red headed woman barked and took a drag from her cigarette.

„Don't you remember sister, it's y/n the girl that applied for a job," the Brit explained and smiled. It was hard to believe that these two were sisters. After some time I was brave enough to observe my environment when my eyes stopped at the seemingly annoyed woman. She was astoundingly beautiful. Her green eyes pierced mine for a split second before I averted my gaze and looked at her sister.

„That was Zelda, you'll get used to her mood," Hilda giggled and showed me to my desk were I had to take calls and note appointments for upcoming funerals. „I think you're good to go, I gave you the instructions and in two hours lunch is ready if you want to join us," she offered sweetly and turned on her heel to leave me sitting there.

I wasn't sure if I should. Her sister, Zelda, didn't seem to like me, or any other person. The time I sat at the desk and waited for any callers, only one called. Perhaps they weren't in the mood to die today. I sighed and glared out of the window. What must it be like to live this close to the woods?

„Aren't you working?," a firm voice tore me out of my daydreaming. „Uh yes, yes I am there just aren't many callers today," I forced myself to smile. A thick cloud of smoke was blown in my direction.

The woman just nodded and left the room. Normally I wouldn't be scared of someone I knew so little, but something about her sent shivers down my spine.

I kindly refused to dine with them and kept on ,working'. Hilda seemed to be the only one that was genuinely nice.

✧ ✧ ✧

I was working at the mortuary for almost two months now and luckily the time I spent there wasn't as bad as my first day.

On a cold but sunny day in February I, anew sat in my working space, that got messier over the months. I enjoyed the company Sabrina, the sisters niece, kept me during the late afternoons. She always had something interesting to talk about and always knew how to brighten my mood.

During the time I was there I found myself often thinking about Zelda and how her lips would feel on mine. It was as if she could read my mind, her eyes often scanned my body before she could focus on my face again.

But still she gave me the feeling that she didn't really enjoy my presence in her house. It was clear who was the head of it, Hilda tried everything to bring Zelda in a better mood but often she just failed trying.