three

"I hurt myself today, to see if I still feel," Chow sings, you, Stu, Phil and Alan all sitting at one of the tables in the building and awkwardly watch Chow. "I focus on the pain. The only thing that's real."

"Huh," you mumble, furrowing your eyebrows at the terrible singing coming from Chow's mouth.

"What the fuck am I watching?" Phil asks.

"My sweetest friend. Everyone I know, goes away." 

You look over when you see Stu grab Chow's drink, leaning towards Phil and hiding the drink beside the table to squirt the contents of the syringe into it.

"Is that gonna be enough?" Phil asks.

"Oh yeah," Stu says, using the now empty syringe to stir the drink. 

"This will take about a minute to kick in. We'll tell the waitress he's drunk. By the time we get to the car, he'll be out could," Stu explains to you and Phil. There's no point explaining anything to Alan considering he does nothing with the information, anyways.

"I will let you down," Chow continues singing as Stu places the drink back down where it was before. But, as you catch Chow's eye, you have a feeling he had seen what Stu did, your heart rate picking up as Chow emphasizes the word 'hurt' and hits the microphone stand away. The entire audience claps (for whatever reason) as Chow makes his way back over to the table.

"Alan, sit down," Phil instructs to Alan who had stood up to clap, him slowly sitting back down.

"That was really nice, Chow," Phil says when Chow sits back at the table.

"Thanks, Phil. The key is to sing from your heart," Chow says.

"So, Mexico, huh? What are you doing down here?"

"You know, fucking, doing blow. Same old, same old. Ooh, I got into cockfighting."

"Oh cockfighting, that sounds wonderful," Alan says.

"Yes. Basically been killing it down here."

"That is just terrific. Right?" Stu asks, looking over at the three of you.

"Yeah, totally," you agree, shaking your head. Something about how Chow is looking at Stu and so casually going on with the conversation still makes you antsy.

"I mean, that's terrific. I think that calls for a toast," Stu says, holding up his glass.

"I like that. To killing it," Phil smiles, you and Phil holding up your beers before the both of you and Stu take a sip. You watch carefully as Chow just hovers his nose over his glass, still staring at Stu. He has to know.

"You okay, Chow?" Stu asks, obviously thinking the same you are.

"I don't know. You tell me," Chow says. Stu dramatically/nervously laughs, still watching Chow.

"So, how many rooster birds do you have, Chow?" Alan asks, eating a chip. It all happens so fast as Chow pours his drink on Stu, grabbing the back of his head and slamming it onto the table.

"Chow!" You yell, standing up and reaching over to try and release his grip on Stu. But, Chow flicks out his knife, skimming your fingers as you quickly pull them back and hold them tightly to your chest.

"Chow, calm down. Stu didn't do anything," you say.

"Woah! Chow, put it down," Phil says.

"Act cool or I open his vein," Chow says.

"Shit!" Stu yells.

"Oh my god," Phil whispers, all of your eyes wide.

"Why you wanna drug poor Chow?" Chow asks.