27

Yoongi walked into Seokjin's room, phone in his hand and shyly holding it up to his hyung. Never in a million years would he have thought that Seokjin would like— be in love with him. But as he looks up at Jin, ears reddening, head hung low and eyes averting as much as possible, Yoongi thinks it's cute.

He knew that Jin was handsome as well. It was just a matter of time for him to realize that he most definitely likes Seokjin— future him does. And now that he realizes that, he can't help but act different around him as well.

  He doesn't want to be the one to tell Jin. He doesn't want to mention Yoongi's questionable tweets on the Twitter account that the boys don't know about. Well, except Hoseok. Hoseok had messaged Yoongi and told him not to go on that account, but of course Yoongi didn't listen. After all, it is his phone.

"Here." He gave the phone to Seokjin. He had finally figured out how to delete messages, but Jin wanted to make sure that he had actually done so. He understands that Jin may need time, but damn. It's been, like, a decade now. Why hasn't he told Yoongi? Told him?

"Thanks." The older took the phone and turned it on, apparently knowing the password to Yoongi's phone despite the fact that 2013 Yoongi was the one who made it. He made the password when the members started trying to take it from him, and he wrote the password down on a piece of paper from Yoongi's desk, putting the paper under his pillow so that Yoongi would know what it was when he came back home.

"Hyung.." Yoongi sat down in front of Jin on his bed, earning a hum in return. Jin wouldn't look up, too busy skimming through the messages. Yoongi raised his hand to Jin's knee, squeezing it. "Tell me now." He muttered quietly, but he knew his hyung could hear him.

Jin turned off the phone and slowly looked up at Yoongi. "Tell you what?" He asked.

Yoongi pulled his hand away and lifted himself up to sit with his legs crossed on Jin's bed, staring up at him. "Tell me you love me." He shrugged. "Get it out of your system, sober. And in person." He said. Seokjin's eyes widened in panic and fear.

"No." He frowned. "You'll make fun of me. Just take the phone and—"

"I will not make fun of you." Yoongi's heart was beating extra hard in his chest. "Tell me for real. Tell me you love me, hyungie."

Jin's head fell, staring down at his own lap. "This is stupid." Silence. A sigh. "I love you." Seokjin mumbled. He was clenching onto his own sweater. "Well, I've been in love with you for what seems like years. Maybe it has been." His ears were turning more red, his voice faltering. "This is so... weird.."

Yoongi shook his head, waiting for Jin to continue.

"I really love you." Seokjin said. "And before this whole body swap thing happened, we were having one of our serious talks. We were talking about life and BTS and music, and I can never get enough of your voice." He peeked up at Yoongi, a shy smile on his face. "Your voice is very soothing." He laughed awkwardly to himself, his head falling again as he rubbed his neck. "This is so embarrassing."

"No it isn't." Yoongi lifted his hand to Jin's cheek, forcing him to look up. "You're doing good. Very good. It's nice to hear."

Jin smiled, on the verge of breaking as he looked at Yoongi, who also smiled back at him. Yoongi pressed his thumb into Jin's cheek, gently stroking at him. "Thank you, I guess." Jin closed his eyes, loving the touch.

But when he opened his eyes, Yoongi was pulling away, shoving his hand into his hoodie pocket with a shocked expression.

"Did I overstep?" Jin frowned.

"N-No." Yoongi shook his head. "But I have to go. It's getting late and.. I just wanted to make sure that you could do it. And you can. You can do it, hyungie. So goodnight. I... Thank you for being so nice to me." He smiled.

And then left. Just like that.

~