ⓞⓝⓔ

Chan hummed to himself as he watered the flowers in his windowsill.

The morning glory vines running over the top of his window, the deep purple of the flowers vibrant in the setting sun.

A knock comes from the door.
"Yes? Who is it?"

The chain around his ankle jingled as he made a cautious step to the door.

"Your Highness, I've brought you your dinner." The voice of a servant said.

Chan hummed, walking over to sit on his bed, "You can come in."

The door opened to reveal the familiar face of Chan's childhood best friend, Seo Changbin. Well, should I say, only friend.

Changbin's clean white feathers fluttered in the warm breeze from the window.
"Sorry it took so long, I got held up by the guards..."
Changbin chuckled lightly, sitting down on the bed with Chan as they munched on Chan's dinner.

Screams erupted from outside, and the smell of smoke could be smelt in the air.
Chan and Changbin rushed over to the window, staring shocked at the view of houses burning and angels running and flying around everywhere, black winged angels... No.. Demons flew around with all sorts of weapons in their grip.

Chan and Changbin jumped back as a demon came flying at the window.

As the demon crashed through the window, Chan and Changbin stood, shocked as the demon shuffled around to get back up. As the older of the two, Chan pushed Changbin behind him, standing with his head held high.

Just as the demon tried rushing over to them, the demon tripped right over the chain attached to Chan's ankle.

As the demon fell to the ground for a second time, the demon let out a huff of air, blowing the hair out of his eyes.

The two angels trailed the demons gaze to Chan's ankle.

"Hi, you must be the prince. Nice to meet ya, I've heard a lot about you." Spotting Chan's suspicious face he added on quickly, "All good things.. All good things." The demon giggled, getting off of the floor.

"Hyunjin!"

The demon, Hyunjin, quickly turned to the window, there stood two other demons.

"Oops." Hyunjin said under his breath.