The Tressel

I didn't know where to start from but I think this story is gonna start at The Tressel in the beginning of the summer of 2018. I was 15 and I had two best friends, Sarah and Dai, and normally we would walk around and smoke weed and find dumb shit to do. We were walking to The Tressel when we smelled the faint smell of someone smoking weed so we followed it and the closer we got the louder we could hear gremlins panicking. One by one four kids came out from under the bridge with red eyes, hungry, thirsty, and looking guilty as hell. These kids had just smoked a blunt of Trainwreck and had no idea what to even do with themselves. Immediately I find it absolutely adorable and ask if they're hungry and thirsty and the three of us decided to help them out because that was us at one time, and if you're gonna smoke you should have someone teach you how to function like a normal human being.  As we walk down the train tracks closer to Sarah's house the boys wanted McDonald's and had enough for all of them to get something so Dai and I decided that we would take them, Sarah would make snack bags and drinks, and we'd all meet up at The Wall. The boys were loud and they had no idea how to act so they just had fun together and it was actually adorable to watch four kids just being kids even though we're pretty sure three of them were trying to do the do with each other. One of them was my cousin Tony and one Sarah's cousin Jordan and their two friends Connor and Michael. Tony and I had been around each other a few times before that on the bus and a few times my nana had brought him over with her. We just talked and laughed about the messed up things our families had done and how everything looked through his eyes. That boy was convinced that he's seen a cheeseburger in the sky and that was when they decided they wanted McDonald's which was just down the train tracks. They were awful in McDonald's, they were loud and couldn't make up their minds about what they wanted, made old judgy ladies look at us the whole time. When Sarah texted that she was done with everyone's goodie bags we made our way down the street to her house, met up, and headed down to The Wall. The boys tore though everything in a matter of seconds like little wild animals and dove into the water. My cousin is adorable, always has been, and kept asking me if he could hit my bowl and after asking one hundred times and giving me the puppy eyes of course I said yes and that is where I fucked up. He'd jump off the wall, come up the hill, and give me the puppy eyes and if I didn't give in he'd wait until I jumped in and ask Sarah and she's say yes. After that we all said we would try to swim there more often and little did we know we started a new chapter together and we thought it'd be the best time of our lives; and it was for a while. For a while it was almost perfect. For a while I forgot my own problems and lived freely.