'Accept'

She shouldn't do this.

Luisa really  shouldn't do this.

But, Luisa was an addict. A sweet, hazel-eyed, lovesick, addict. An addict that just opened an email. The email from her ex-lover. And again, this is the last thing she should be doing. Yet, she was. She was opening her laptop and scrolling through her emails. Scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling. Until a certain message caught her eye.

The Gardens of Eden.

The website.

The same website she remembered from earlier that month. The one that her kidnappers used to contact Rose. And now Rose was communicating with her. 

EveryRoseHasItsThorn.

She gazed at the screen, using all of her mental strength to hover the cursor over the 'Deny' button. But as her sight fell from the screen and drifted to the wall in front of her. Rose filling her mind uncontrollably. The night they met. The pool. The fireworks. The lightning. So, with her heart heavy and her mind racing, she made a decision that would forever change her life.

'Accept'.

The screen changed and Luisa's computer shows a chatroom. 'Start spreading your seeds! You are now chatting with EveryRoseHasItsThorn!' Shows up on the screen. In that moment, Luisa's hands began to shake as she timidly typed the first message.

Rose? Is that you?

Luisa stared at the screen after the message had sent. She knew. She still knew that this is the absolute LAST thing she should be doing. But as we all know, it's hard to let go sometimes. She began panicking until her eyes caught on the small, italicized letters at the bottom of the screen. Rose. Was. Typing.

It's me, Luisa. How are you?

The brunette gritted her teeth as she read the last part. How was she doing? Bad. She was kidnapped, commited, her father was dead, and Rose abandoned her. So, how else would she be doing except bad? And while all the anger and frustration flooded her body, her fingers began to type a venomous response.

How am I doing? Is that a serious question Rose? Do you understand the hell I've been through that you caused? No, you don't. Because you left. Left me behind. Left me without a father. So how do you think I am?

Lu...

Luisa wondered how Rose could be so easy going about this. How she could be so.... relaxed. Luisa was sitting here on her bed shaking and trying to remind herself to stay sober while Rose could do nothing but type a two-letter nickname. A nickname that gave Luisa butterflies, nonetheless. But regardless, Luisa was pissed. And she wanted Rose to know.

I don't even want to hear it, Rose. You hurt me. You broke my heart and I don't know if you could ever make that up to me.

I know I hurt you, Luisa. But you weren't supposed to happen. I wasn't supposed to fall in love with you... but I did.

The brunette huffed. She was annoyed. Annoyed that Rose was saying all the right things like she always does. Making Luisa fall over and over and over again. And without even thinking, she replied in a heartbeat.

Why did you reach out?

I wanted to see how you were doing. If you were drinking... if you were hurt.

Define 'hurt', Rose. Im hurt in many different ways. Its funny that most of them have to do with you.

Im sorry Luisa. But I mostly meant your leg when I said hurt. How is it healing?

"Oh so now she cares." Luisa mumbled to herself. She removed the blanket from the left side, revealing her injured knew. It was still a little sore, but it wasn't too awful anymore.

It's fine. I was gonna try to use oxy to make it feel better but, god knows I don't need another thing to get addicted to. At first I thought it was you who kidnapped me but I guess I was wrong.

Why would I kidnap you, Luisa?

I don't know Rose. YOU'RE the criminal. I'm not exactly sure what your motives for kidnapping me would be but, it was still a possibility.

Well, I wouldn't okay?

Okay.

Luisa sighed. That's all she could say was 'okay'. She was working so hard to deny loving Rose. She couldn't let her guard down now. But before she even noticed, she sent another message.

I know I shouldn't but... I miss you.

I miss you too, Lu.

The former doctor reread the message over and over until she eyes grew tired. 'I miss you too'. And even though she saw the three dots at the bottom of the screen indicating that Rose was typing, she shut her computer and set it on the nightstand beside her. Luisa closed her eyes and went to sleep before even reading Rose's last message.

I love you.