Detective

It was so cold walking up to the station. I turn my back around to see the forest and what would of happened if I didn't say about the lost belongings. I could tell my friends were angered at me, as we all wanted to do this case alone. But I couldn't help it, we had to have someone that's dealt with lost persons before. Otherwise we would be totally clueless !!

We stopped in our tracks as we pulled open the large glass door leading into the station. A gush of warm air entered our faces as we sat down and patiently waited to get asked some questions.

"So what do you think we will be asked about.?" says Charlotte.
"I honestly don't know but I know it's going to be about Madison." I reply.

One by one, each of our names were called out to get interviewed about the phone and backpack we found. It was a weird feeling for us as we had never been to a police station before, especially when it was dealing with a missing persons case.

Toby went first
Then it was me
Then Charlotte
And last was Hunter..

After our interviews, we were all walking home. Mr Roth's house was opposite Hunters house. His house was quite small but also weird looking. I mean he was in his late 50s and sadly lost his wife. Mr Roth was the type of guy to help out anybody and just be a nice person in general.
We saw a poster on the back of his car with a picture of Madison on the front with the headline.
FIND OUR DEAR MADISON
WE NEED HER HOME.

"So we're putting up posters now are we ?." asked Toby.
" I guess so." Hunter replied.

It got dark quite quickly but we still had our backpacks with us and torches. We weren't going home. We were going to look for Madison.

Tuesday, 9.00pm
Little did we know the officer or should I say detective was following us this whole time. He walks us to the far end of the road, past the old houses and the entrance to the forest. Charlotte giggled nervously and held onto Toby as it was quite dark. "You'll need your flashlights to navigate the paths of the forest. It's very easy to get lost in there. I've done it myself." he informs.
We all examine our flashlights and shine them towards the entrance. "i just know these are going to turn off when we need them the most, arent they?" Charlotte asks.
"doesn't matter Charlotte, we all have individual flashlights and they are all charged up to the fullest."
"Good luck kids. I have your back on this one."

We all took big gulps before going into the dark abyss that was also luring us in at the same time. I had so many chills down my spine and I couldn't believe I was wearing my new black dot Martin's with my new pleated skirt. Just perfect for the muddy,wet condition of the cold dark forest.

Charlotte and Toby carried on in front while I was with Hunter. It was kinda awkward being alone with him in the dark as I had a small crush on him. But that doesn't matter right now. Both me and Hunter lost Charlotte and Toby in our tracks, but we finally spotted Charlotte waving energetically. "OVER HERE." She shouts. Charlotte and Toby looked like they had been bent down on there knees looking at something awfully strange they had just found. They both stand back up picking there flash lights up from the concrete path. We all huddle round and glance at the piece of ripped clothing we had just found.
"Ella have you got a clear ziplock bag ?"
"Yes I have !" I say, and Charlotte takes the clear ziplock bag from me.
"WAIT." I shout. "You need to have some sort of protection on your hands. Perhaps gloves." I say sarcastically.
"Oh yeah of course. How could I possibly forget." she reply's.
Charlotte carefully picks the torn piece of clothing from one of the crooked tree branches and places it in the ziplock bag, making sure everything was in safe.

"we will take this to the police station when we have more clues." I explain.

"Wait. I notice this piece of clothing. It's not Madison's. It's from a tie of some sort....