Chapter 14

Adrien's pov:

It's been nearly two months since I last spoke to anyone including felix and my friends.

I haven't went on patrol and I'm just living like a living corpse. And of course my father wouldn't even bother checking how I'm doing but today's a bit different.

"Father you called me" I told as I entered his office room after knocking thrice.

"Adrien sign this application" he pushed a college application towards me.

Paris Fashion school!!

I signed as he told and pushed back his application.

"Any questions"

"No father" I mumbled as he waved his hand to dismiss me.

I went up to my room and closed the door.

"Kid, you should go and fight for your freedom" plagg told as I sat in front of my computer.

"What's the use plagg, of course I had to study at an honourable fashion school so that I can carry on my father's fashion industry" I pulled out my hair.

"What do you want to become kid" plagg flew in front of my face.

"It would've been much better if you were my father plagg" I looked at him.

"Easy there kid, I'm not that old, I'm just some 100 million years old handsome and young kwami" Plagg did a dab as I laughed.

I would have long gone and suicide myself if it wasn't for plagg.

"I'm glad to have you in my life plagg" I told as he scrunched his little kwami face in disgust.

"Don't get cheesy, be happy you'll be away from this mansion, though I'm gonna miss my fluffy pillow and privacy" he exclaimed.

I surfed the college site and found that it's mandatory for students to stay at the hostel but my father would break any rule.

I wish I was born in a middle class family.
.

.

.

.

.

"Plagg claws out" I snuck out through the window and reached the akuma scene.

I saw ladybug fighting the villian alone.
poor ladybug

"Need an helping hand" I helped her to stand

"The akuma's in her crown, quick distract her" she told as I did my cat dance to distract that young lady who was rejected by a modelling agency.
.

.

"Bye bye little butterfly" ladybug told as she de-evilized.

"Bye bye ladybug" I turned as she pulled my hand.

"Wait chat, your kwami said you were seriously injured, how are you doing" she gave her tender smile as I processed what she was saying.

oh right
car accident

"I'm doing great ladybug, how are you doing" I grinned as she punched my arm.

"You silly cat, you skipped patrol for two months and made me so worried" she looked mad.

"This patient needs time to recover m'lady and I was under strict inspection" I grinned as she rolled her eyes. 

beep beep beep

"See ya chat noir" And just like that she flew away.

It's nice talking to people other than plagg and natalie.

I guess I got some time to relax myself. I flew from roof to roof as I saw the balcony of a familiar bakery with a girl standing.

I'm ashamed of my actions. I guess I should make it up to her as chat noir.

"Hey princess" I landed on her balcony as she turned.

"Hello chat noir" she audibly mumbled and looked zoned out.

"Whatcha thinking, you look hilarious from this angle by the way" I tried to lighten up the mood.

"Why would everyone blame me"
I could tell that she's trying hard to control her tears as she looked away.

wait...

"What do you mean princess"

"Never mind, you won't understand anyway" she dismissed with her hands and turned around to leave.

"Wait, tell me" Out of instinct, I pulled her arms as she hissed in... pain.
Without thinking, I rolled up her sleeve and saw purple bruises.

"Princess... don't tell me...you've been..hurting yourself" My eyes are wide as I looked at old bruises and a freshly formed bruise.

"No chat noir, don't ask" Her lips trembled as she tried to control her tears.

I released her arms as we both stood in dead silence.

"You should go" she turned as I refrained myself from pulling her again by her arm.

"I won't go anywhere until you tell me who's responsible" I made myself comfortable on her deck chair.

"Chat noir please, my parents and cousin are downstairs" She looked exhausted

"Then I better ask your parents and cousin downstairs, thanks for the info, see ya" I stood up as she stopped me.

"Princess I'm not forcing you to tell me anything" I lied, obviously I'm indirectly blackmailing her.
But I think I couldn't wait for her to open up. What if it's too late.

"Fine" she huffed as she sat on a small stool.

"Have you seen the video of parisian model adrien agreste getting akumatized" She nervously held her hands tightly together.

"Yes"

"After akumatization, his father stopped him from attending school. everyone tried to convince his father including André bourgeois but failed, well...basically his fan girls started bullying me
At first I tried to tell them it's not my fault and alya, bridgette helped me too but then.. then I realized that no matter what I do, they just want someone to blame for adrien's absence. So... yeahh..tolerating till my graduation" she hid her face between her hands to hide her tears.

I haven't thought about the situation in this way. I thought she would be happy to know that I wasn't allowed to school but the situation seems opposite.

I stood as she wiped her tears.

hold on for awhile princess

"This feline promises to make adrien come back to school and I promise to save you from the claws of your bullies" I stood as she shakes her head in disapproval.

"No chat, it's just 2 weeks and then everyone will be busy with finals and then just like that I'll graduate, I'm sorry to worry you" She held my hand and gave a gentle smile just like the tender smile of ladybug.
But the difference is marinette is more fragile and naive than ladybug.

"People call me and ladybug superheroes, not because we defeat akumas but because we try our best to save everyone and I'm gonna save you before it's too late" I gently kissed her hand and flew into the night.

Like I said, I'm gonna save her before it's too late