𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓣𝔀𝓸

Later that night, Jinx found herself picking at her fingernails on the way to the dining hall, anxious to see Fred. He, at that moment, felt just the same. He had a plan, one he knew was just a little outrageous, but would get his point across. George had helped come up with it, of course. 

Fred sat patiently at the house table, waiting for his girlfriend to walk through the wide entrance. When she did, he stood up to greet her.

''Hey, Jinx,I-''

''Fred, I-'' She spoke at the same time.

''Oh-''

''Oh, you go first.'' She said, folding her arms. 

''Right, um-'' Fred felt his cheeks turn red as her eyes focused on him. He glanced to George and Ron, sat a few feet away, and they nodded encouragingly. This was his cue, in a way, to execute his plan.

So, before Jinx could interject, Fred hopped up onto the wooden table. The other students jumped, while Ron and George chuckled to themselves. 

''Freddie! What er you-'' Jinx began, but he interrupted.

''I love you! I'm in love with you!'' He announced, switching his attention to the rest of the room, ''That's my girlfriend! See? the little one there, with the curly hair. Cute, isn't she?''

Jinx let her jaw drop and she lunged forward to tug on Fred's pant leg, begging him to come down.

''Oh my god, Freddie! This is so embarrassing, please-''

''Embarrassing? Never, I would never embarrass my princess-''

''Oh my god, Fred-''

Their surrounding peers laughed, as did Jinx. She couldn't help it. He always had a way to make her smile.

''My sweet Jinxie, Oh how the way your eyes-''

''Okay! Enough, get down now.'' Jinx cut him off eagerly, tugging his hand and helping him down from the table top.

''Alright, do you believe me now?'' He asked, sighing.

''Yes, Fred. I know you love me and I know you didn't say anything to Eliza. She had my diary, that's how she knew. I'm so sorry, Fred, really, I never should have accused you.'' Jinx frowned, holding his face in her hands.

''It's alright, Jinxie. I've still got you and that's all that matters- wait, she did what? I think I should-''

''Nope, no, you've done enough grand gestures for today.'' Jinx interrupted, placing a hand on Fred's chest. 

He sighed, wrapping his arms around her waist.

''I love you, Freddie.''

''I love you ,too, Jinxie.''

The End.

-------------

A/N: Okay, so the ending is pretty anti-climactic (and short), but this is the first story I've finished so i'm satisfied. I hope you enjoyed it! :)