Chapter 2: Here She Thought She Was Alone

Chapter 2: Not fully edit yet

Here she thought she was all alone.

Pan abruptly appeared in the tree branches next to her in a puff of green. She recoiled slightly as the branches dripped to his weight. His lush green orbs glazed as he anticipated her flinch, his shoulder brushed up against hers. To his prediction, she did.

"Overheard, something exciting happened. Care to explain, Sweetheart?"

She gave a sound acknowledging his question before spilling what occurred. Her mind replayed endlessly a conversation she had early with some lost boys on loop. That morning, Pan nudged her awake and instructed her to remain in the campground till he arrives to fetch her. Hence, she decided to return the bow she was fiddling with the nighttime prior. Her footwear left animal tracks in the earth. She sought the parkour boy, finding herself at the raining grounds. On her search, She got confronted by a different of lost boys.

"What are you to Pan?" One of them stated. The boy had a wine-red cloak with a mute blue and yellow scarf. He currently had a makeshift sword strapped to his side. A sturdy wooden spear with a large animal fang wrapped in leather formed the hilt.

Her heartbeat quicken in her ribcage, her orbs glued to the ground

Her heartbeat quicken in her ribcage, her orbs glued to the ground. She observed that the boy also had black fur timed combat boots. They were muddy, so the colour was a grey-brown blend. Unlike Felix boots, the boy footwear had shoelaces, which tied into messy double knotted bows. She mentally speeds rehearsed a reply.

"Look at me when I am talking to you." He snarled, seized her hood with both of his hands, her eyes closed shut in panic.

She peeked her eyes open, getting a glimpse of his face. His complexion covered in brown freckles around his ocean blue eyes and dark oak short hair.

"Devin! Put Girlie down!" said another one in his group.

The girl attempted to squirm vigorously away from him. His teeth clenched together as his hold tightened. He was very intimidating, being this close. Her delicate facade was breaking, her dread gradually getting substituted with rage. With her tolerance running thin, She threw a sharp elbow jab towards his middle abdomen. He stumbled backwards with a distressed groan. He cracked his mouth to splat a reply until he saw her adorable round pupils shifted into slits. Now it was his turn to hide his fear. Her vision blurred everything in the distance, only focusing on Devin. He tore his sword from its place and aimed the blade at her. An expression of uncertainty on his face, but it instantly covered with a grin. He waved his weapon in the air tautly, like a cat with a string toy. Some other lost boys noticed and stopped what they were doing. They gathered around as their eyes stared intensely at the scene. They whispered and muttered, betting on the outcome.

A low growl emitted from deep within her windpipe. The girl bent her knees into a fight stance, flexing her fingernail-like claws. They stood eyeing each other, silently judging their abilities. In the end, Devin made the first move. He aggressively swung down at her shoulder. She dropped to her heels, executing a barrel roll dodging that blow. In one fist, she chunked soil at his eyes, temporarily blinding him. Considering she was already close to the ground, she kicked out Devin's legs from under him. His loss of balance caused him to collapse with a loud thud on his side. The impact managed to knock the wind out of his lungs, but he was slowly getting up. Both of her hands seized on his throat, pinning his body to the dirt. Her fangs bared as something told her to snap his throat.