𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷

Welcome to the first rewritten chapter of My Setter! This won't be as cringe as the first time I swear. There will be no sugamama shit here, and Suga won't be as whiny as before. Daichi is still an ass and please understand that this is NOT a Daisuga fic, there isn't going to be any good interaction between the two. Just a reminder to not look for positive Daisuga content. Expect a few plot changes as well (for my old readers ;p). Also, there are no beta reads for this, so expect some grammar and spelling errors. One more thing, please don't expect a consistent schedule of updates, I am getting close to graduating high school and heading off to college this fall, so this is a very busy/stressful time for me. Pls enjoy, or not. I'm not in charge of you lmao

For all of his high school career, Sugawara had been Karasuno's official setter. He enjoyed every game he played within the team and was looking forward to one final year with them. Well, that didn't exactly go to plan. He quickly got replaced by their first-year prodigy setter, Kageyama. He was an extremely talented setter and Sugawara couldn't sit and ignore that. He was very envious of him for the longest time, but he has come to terms with it and enjoys watching him set for everyone.

He at least still has his boyfriend, Daichi, or at least he thinks he does. It seemed everyone was slowly starting to distance themselves away from him, well, except the first years. But, even Daichi has slowly stopped responding, and if he does respond it's very dry and short. Sugawara slowly starts finding himself losing his love for the sport anymore, and just not enjoying Karasuno as a school.

His mom had a deal with him, she would let him transfer out of Karasuno if things were starting to get bad again. Sugawara was about ready to take up on her offer, and was even contemplating it on the way home from one practice. As he was walking home he realized he forgot his keys in the club room and ran back to go get them. But, as he got closer to the club room door he overheard most of the team chatting casually in there. Some were working on homework, mainly Hinata and Kageyama. Others were just bored and listening to the upperclassmen talk, Tsukishima, Yamaguchi, and the other second years.

Right before Sugawara reached for the door nob he heard Daichi laugh fairly loudly. "Oh god, she was so good to me last night, best I've ever had!" Sugawara froze in place, and continued listening in.

After a minute or two Suga heard Hinata step in. "Daichi-san, why are you cheating on Sugawara though? He hasn't done anything bad, in fact he's really good to you.." Hearing the obvious sadness in Hinata's voice, Suga wonders why Hinata hasn't told him yet, his question gets answered almost instantly, the response hitting him like a truck.

"He's so annoying Hinata, and clingy, it's horrible but I know if I break up with him, he'll leave the team. It'll tear us apart cause I know you look up to him, and we need to make it to nationals this year. But seriously, he means nothing. He's worth nothing. Now, there was a reason why I'm paying you guys to keep quiet, so I suggest that you quit asking stupid questions and work on your homework." (damn I really made Daichi an ass 0-0, anyway continue ;p)

That was the moment that the tears began to form in Sugawara's eyes, he had done his best to be the best boyfriend he could be. Maybe he was clingy at times, but he didn't think he was so bad that Daichi had begun sleeping with other people.

All of sudden there was another voice challenging Daichi, in a way. Kageyama stood up and walked over to Daichi. "I know this is none of my business, but quit paying us to be quiet. I hate secrets and this is so unfair to Sugawara, Shoyo and I are going to catch up with him right now and tell him everything, you can even have our money back. I haven't spent a single bit of it and neither has Shoyo. The team will fall apart, yes, but that will be your fault alone. C'mon Sho-"

Kageyama was interrupted by the club room door opening. Sugawara stood there, tears streaming down his face silently. "No need, I heard it all." He stared at a very wide-eyed Daichi before walking over to his locker and throwing it all in his bag before walking past Daichi and handing him his spare to his house. "I don't think I'll be needing this anymore, go fuck yourself Daichi, or whoever was fucking you last night. I don't care, and why should I? I was so naive, so so naive that I didn't even know that my own boyfriend of two years was cheating on me." He proceeded to flip everyone off in the club room and left.

As he began fast walking home, the whole thing not fully set in yet, he heard people running from behind him. Kageyama and Hinata, who just started dating a couple of months ago, were calling Suga's name out chasing after him. Suga stopped walking to let them catch up. "Please Suga, we're so sorry we didn't tell you! We didn't know how to go about it and that's our fault, please-" Sugawara shook his head. "Don't worry about it you two, this isn't your fight. I'm not staying on the team, I can't stand to stand on the same court as him. But, thank you, for standing up for me and being ready to tell me. But, I need to go home and process everything, you two have been my favorites and I appreciate you both so much." He gave them a sad smile before walking away again.

He sent his mom a quick text saying "we need to talk about your deal tonight" and continued walking home, feeling numb and not knowing how things were going to go from this point.

A/N

Ahh, thank you for reading through the first chapter of My Setter! This feels so nice to get this published so fast, and for the cringe to be gone (for the most part lol). But as I said, I don't do beta reads so don't expect a perfect chapter with no errors. I literally got a C+ on capitalization on one of my grammar assignments this year, so there will be no perfect chapter, like ever.

Have a good day/afternoon/night! And I'll see you in the next chapter, hopefully ;p.