3 - A Lovely Phonecall

I headed to my room, throwing my bag on the floor, taking off my school's uniform, and getting myself into something more comfortable.

I grabbed the picture I had taken of Midoriya out of my bag, as well as a pen, writing his name at the bottom of the photo, and then walked over to my wall. I grabbed a pushpin out of my small container of them, and pinned the picture on my wall, where I put all my other photos.

Every picture I've ever taken had been pinned up here on my wall, including this new one.

I grabbed my phone and the scrap piece of paper out of my bag, before sitting down on my bed, and entering the number in my phone.

It rang a few times, before someone on the other end picked up.

"Hello?" It was him. He had answered me.

"Hi! I'm just going to make sure I reached the right person,  and I didn't enter the number wrong... this is Midoriya, right?" I asked.

"Oh! Hey Todoroki! I kinda forgot we were gonna call each other, sorry... " He admitted.

"That's fine." I told him. "What matters is that you remembered!" I heard him laugh from the other end, and for some reason, hearing that made me feel something. I don't know what it was, but it definitely felt good.

As we talked, eventually the topic of school came up.

"So, what high school are you planning on going to, Todoroki?" He asked me.

"Well... this is going to sound stupid from someone like me, but..." I paused. "I'm... planning on going to UA." I told him. It... it felt good to tell him. "J-just the General Studies course though."

"Why just General Studies?" He asked. "Why not the Hero course? I bet you'd be a great Hero!"

"I... I can't." I paused. I knew he'd probably hang up the moment I told him, but  I decided to anyways. "I'm..." I sighed, preparing myself. "I'm Quirkless."

"Wait, so you're-!" I was confused. Why did he sound so... excited? "You... you don't have one either...?" He asked me.

"Huh? What do you-"

"OH! I'm sorry for sounding so excited, I know how terrible it is to not have one, but I just-"

"It's ok. You don't have to apologize to me!" I said to him. "Besides, I... I also feel kind of excited, in a way."

We had talked for at least two hours at this point, and then, a question made its way to my mind.

"Hey, are you having a rough day? I can kind of tell." I asked him.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that. My best friend told me I should kill myself, I almost died in a villain attack, All Might himself told me I have no chance of becoming a Hero, my best friend almost died... I mean, the only good thing that really happened to me today was that I met All Might, but even that..." He sadly explained. "But... how could you tell that my day wasn't the best?"

"Oh. I could hear it in your voice. I kind of learned how to do that because of..." I sighed. I didn't want to remember. "Never mind, it's not important." I said. "Anyways, it's getting pretty late, I'm gonna go to bed now. I'll talk to you tomorrow!"

"Maybe not tomorrow, I kinda have some stuff to do...!"

"Oh, ok, regardless, I'll talk to you again soon!"

The way he talks, the way he sounds, the way he makes me feel...

I don't know what it is, but...

It feels tingly, and happy, I...

...

I know what this is called, don't I?

That's right...

"Love"