Pilot Story 1

Nicolas sidestepped to his left and then jumped back to avoid the swing of his instructor's wooden sword. He took a second to gather his bearings before hopping back a few steps to create more distance between himself and his instructor.

"Do you plan to just avoid me the entire time?" the instructor mockingly asked. Nicolas' face barely registered the comment and he simply readied himself. His instructor smirked. "I thought this demonstration was to have your brother and sister fawn over you. You do not want to disappoint them now, do you?"

While his face remained as stoic as before, that last comment annoyed Nicolas quite a bit. He quickly glanced to the seats in the courtyard where his younger siblings Giovanni and Leona were seated. They appeared to be anxious, Giovanni gripping his sword tightly while Leona gripped her fists. Neither said a word however but who they were rooting for is clear.

Refocusing himself Nicolas dug his feet and dashed forward. The older male readied himself but was caught on the wrong foot when Nicolas shifted himself to his left and then immediately swung his sword practice sword at a downward angle. The instructor just barely managed to block the first strike but found himself on the receiving end of a forward thrust to the shoulder.

Cheers could be heard coming from Giovanni and Leona.

The instructor rubbed his shoulder and then looked at Nicolas. "Went for my shoulder aye? Not the most honorable action." The older man walked towards his pupil who assumed a defensive stance the closer the instructor got.

The instructor wore a stern expression which only caused Nicolas to dig his heels in. The air between the two males was tense. So tense in fact that both of Nicolas' siblings' expressions turned to grim frowns.

To Nicolas is felt as if an eternity before his instructor's expression changed to a smirk.

"Very clever young Nico, incredibly clever!!!" he laughed out loud. He placed his hand on Nicolas's shoulder and squeezed tightly. Nicolas stared at the instructor's hand bewildered. Soon the instructor was patting his shoulder, the pats getting progressively harder which annoyed Nicolas. "I have taught you well boy!"

Nicolas frowned as the older man kept patting him. He tried to block him after the large hand of his instructor swatted at him one too many times. Nicolas did not expect that he would be pushed down to the ground. He glared up at the smirking old man standing over him. The instant after his two younger siblings were on top of him, Giovanni even brandishing his wooden training sword.

"Do not worry." Nicolas said. He reached out to lower his brother's sword. Giovanni and Leona continued glaring at the older male who chortled heartily.

"That will be it for today young Nico." the instructor rubbed his shoulder again before smiling. He walked away chortling and cheerily complaining about his shoulder.

Leona stuck her tongue out at Nicolas' instructor as Giovanni continued to glare. Nicolas let out a soft sigh and rubbed both heads smiling.

"Enough of that."

"But...." Nicolas flicked Giovanni's forehead before he could finish his thought. The young boy rubbed his forehead and frowned. Nicolas stood up and stretched his arms for a few moments. He then waved at the two of them to follow him.

"Come on, let us go eat."

The two younger siblings beamed much to Nicolas' amusement and skipped to his side. Following him across the courtyard.

The two younger siblings followed their older brother down the hall as they made their way to the dining room. Giovanni and Leona excitedly talked about how amazing their older brother was to beat their instructor. Nicolas chuckled lightly.