The Misadventures of Gen the Spy

Notes:

Warning: It follows the events of the manga, if you only watched the anime I do not recommend reading it 😅 unless possible spoilers don't bother you.

Update: The chapter is already out (Season 3, Episode 14) so there are no more spoilers 💫

🌺🌺🌺

"The more candidates the better, right? Isn't that what you said?" Amaryllis asked, a scary smile appearing on her face. "Let's run with that idea!"

Those were the words that introduced the makeover nightmare. However, Senku considered himself lucky this time, as he was soon rejected because of his voice. Amaryllis didn't seem to mind much, moving quickly to her next victim, probably doing this to make fun of them more than anything else. While they were distracted, he took the opportunity to change back into his more comfortable clothing.

When he was done cleaning the last of the remaining makeup from his face, he heard Gen's honeyed voice: "Disguising one's voice is easy-peasy...~"

He turned to Gen, ready to laugh at whatever he was about to find, yet once he saw him he realized how silly he was for thinking that. He should have known that the Mentalist would adapt perfectly to the change of costume and makeup.

"Gen is on the dantier side... but still a little tall for a girl." Kohaku commented as Gen's modeled his disguise gracefully. Senku guessed he was quite used to dressing up from back in the day when he was famous.

"Don't worry, there are taller girls here." Amaryllis informed, still surprised by Gen's voice mimicking.

Senku blinked.

"Wait, what?" They weren't seriously considering sending Gen, right?

"Isn't that great, Senku-chan? Maybe if I play well my cards, I could seduce their chief into obedience," Gen joked while striking a cute pose.

"It wouldn't be the first time." Kohaku laughed looking in his direction with a mocking smile.

"Oh, you two are..." Amaryllis began to say, blushing as she pointed between Gen and him. "Well, that actually explains a lot."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Senku asked flatly, although he could feel his face heating up.

"Now, now~ Are we finished with our makeover session?" Gen intervened, making Amaryllis' evil smile return.

"Not at all." She said, looking into Soyuz's and Ginro's direction.

"You weren't serious about that, right?" Senku silently asked Gen, taking advantage of the fact that the rest of the group was distracted.

Gen turned to look at him and Senku found himself unable to hold his stare, choosing to look away instead.

"I mean, I could try." Gen reflected, a finger on his lips. "Maybe I could act like Amaryllis." Had Senku been looking at him, he would have noticed the mischievous smile that appeared on his face. "You're eyes full of intelligence~" He began to say, his voice changing completely into a sweeter tone. Senku almost jumped when Gen suddenly hugged his arm, his chest pressing against it as he put his face close to his own. "I bet your lips could teach me all the secrets of the universe~" He whispered to his ear, his warm breath tickling it softly. Senku found himself having difficulties to breathe, intoxicated by the smell of flowers despite the fact that Gen wasn't wearing the overcoat were he usually hid them.

"O-okay, I get it." Senku said pushing away.

If Gen noticed his stutter (which he certainly did), he didn't say anything. Senku was grateful for that, at least until he noticed Gen's satisfied smirk.